Message from his Majesty

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Message from his Majesty

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:41 pm

I have a question. If it was reported as a bug long ago, why it still not fixed? In case of Heffernan, claim owners quickly noticed it and reported about bug abusing. But if someone does not notice walljump immediately, how it will be possible to prove it 1-2 days later?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Kandarim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:07 pm

The server does keep pretty exhaustive logs of all events on the server. Likely, it could have been reconstructed even several days after the wrongdoing. But it would take precious dev hours not to mention cause annoyance at the wrongdoer.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Kandarim wrote:The server does keep pretty exhaustive logs of all events on the server. Likely, it could have been reconstructed even several days after the wrongdoing. But it would take precious dev hours not to mention cause annoyance at the wrongdoer.

Well, this requires at least complaint by victim and verification by developer. If victim, for whatever reason, did not complain, this case will remain without consideration. Just curious, how many stories like "they dont even closed their gates" in fact result of using bugs.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Kandarim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 pm

well, for one I can confirm that there is a troubling amount of people that don't lock/close their gates. Not that you hear me complaining :)
Kandarim
Customer

Postby riolic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Kandarim wrote:well, for one I can confirm that there is a troubling amount of people that don't lock/close their gates. Not that you hear me complaining :)

I've been guilty of bashing brick gates to 80%+, then someone else walks up and is like "Yo did you even see if it was locked" and then opens it. This has happens more then a single time. I am not proud of this.
riolic
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:29 pm

riolic wrote:
Kandarim wrote:well, for one I can confirm that there is a troubling amount of people that don't lock/close their gates. Not that you hear me complaining :)

I've been guilty of bashing brick gates to 80%+, then someone else walks up and is like "Yo did you even see if it was locked" and then opens it. This has happens more then a single time. I am not proud of this.

LOL
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Kandarim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:52 pm

I proudly learned that lesson after the second gate that i wasted time on bashing only to find out it opened with a simple rightclick.
Kandarim
Customer

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses