Actively being raided

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Actively being raided

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Indeed, if you plan to move to a new location, you can post some more extensive screenshots here of what you did do if you want advice on what to do better next time.

My main advice is to not skimp on the braziers as they are, in many ways, more important than walls. That is, a good lineup of braziers will keep you almost safe with only one stone wall, but no amount of walls in the world will keep you safe without enough braziers. Torchposts should be a part of your defenses too as they use a different damage calculation from braziers and have different mechanics so you'll only get benefits from having both. And even a handful of baby braziers can let you spot defend if this sort of thing happens again.

The idea of the gatehouse that you have there is not a bad one, but again, the main reason for something like that is so you can concentrate fire, so you'd want to have extra braziers on all sides of it.

Put the simpler wooden fences around your large areas that have low value stuff like if you have extensive fields of low quality and/or you fenced in your wood piles. Put your stone and plank around your main living areas where you have houses and craft buildings and raw materials. Put your brick around the valuables, including any mine entrance you might have, and if you make a steel wall, you'll want that to be very small and only protect your very most valuable things such as a mine or town bell if you have one. And always go weak walls on the outside and stronger ones on the inside as strong walls will cause splash damage to equal or weaker walls when they are destroyed.

If you're playing with friends, you probably have the resources to invest in a town bell, which will make it harder for people to raid you at an extra cost of silver.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby honeymilk » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:33 pm

If you take some time to go through the help section on the forum, theres already a lot of good information there on defense and base building. HoB have a few good threads with screenshots of how not to build bases and in the new world screenshot thread in the city upon the hill section have some good examples on how to build bases.

What mentioned above is how I learned most of what I know so far :) And if you cant find what you need theres a lot of helpful players who will do what mentioned in other posts above, you can post screenshots and get help from there.
honeymilk
Customer

Postby houseofjurai » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:37 pm

We knew pretty much how to set the base up, the brick walls took time though. Just unfortunate timing, by the end of last night they would have had a lot harder time getting in. Guess that's what we get for trying to have clothes and a home. I'm still playing, don't think our mayor will be returning though.
houseofjurai

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:38 am

houseofjurai wrote:We knew pretty much how to set the base up,

Nah mate, you didnt know **** about making a base, everyone just posted to tell you that.

houseofjurai wrote:Guess that's what we get for trying to have clothes and a home.

What did you expect, walking into a pvp game with raiding, that people weren't gonna steal your crap if you have a base defended by a couple ****** walls with barely any coverage?

houseofjurai wrote: I'm still playing, don't think our mayor will be returning though.

If your mayor quits after losing 1 month worth of stuff, and not even losing any characters, it's safe to say that your mayor is a ***** *****.
Rifmaster

Postby houseofjurai » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Your tone seems very pointed right now.

Anyways. We're back to working on brick walls, and I've taken tips from everyone about how to set stuff up, and braziers and finishing the brick walls are our main priorities. Thanks for all the advice, hopefully we can prevent this from happening again so easily in the future. In case anyone's curious, someone guessed the mayor's homestead secret and just walked in. The braziers and all our other defenses really had no meaning. That's all corrected now, though.
houseofjurai

Postby Reviresco » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Can you post screenshots with pclaim areas and tracking turned on?
Reviresco

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:37 pm

If I were you, next time I would:

-Make a larger stone wall with extensive pclaim to cause major drain
-Start a small layered Brick/Plank wall around your assets (10x10)
-Spam torchposts around the large stone wall

Start small with the best resources and build outward
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:44 pm

houseofjurai wrote:someone guessed the mayor's homestead secret and just walked in.

In what way was this possible? Mayor gave membership to some random dude thinking it was an alt of a real member? With no investigation?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby houseofjurai » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:34 pm

No. The guy just guessed it. The HS was really close to our mayor's name and not that hard to guess.
houseofjurai

Postby riolic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 pm

houseofjurai wrote:No. The guy just guessed it. The HS was really close to our mayor's name and not that hard to guess.

Kinning a mayor does not give you permissions on their pclaims, or town claims by defualt :roll:
riolic
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses