Actively being raided

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Actively being raided

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:51 pm

im thinking a possible betrayal or they never set one as a mayor :lol: :lol: :lol:
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Amnezia88 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:52 pm

houseofjurai wrote:No. The guy just guessed it. The HS was really close to our mayor's name and not that hard to guess.

And so the plot thickens. How good do you think you know this major, hmm? :ugeek:
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Amnezia88
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:57 pm

The times when knowing someone's HS mattered are long gone. Your mayor prolly just betrayed you and now is pretending that he's not playing anymore.
Rifmaster

Postby Chrumps » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:12 pm

houseofjurai wrote:No. The guy just guessed it. The HS was really close to our mayor's name and not that hard to guess.

Did your mayor assign any permissions to WHITE colour :?: :!:
Chrumps

Postby Champie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:18 pm

Chrumps wrote:

Did your mayor assign any permissions to WHITE colour :?: :!:

Hold on a second! Did you have A Town Bell? If not, then you did not have a MAYOR. Instead you had a dude who owned a pclaim and gave everyone permissions to Trespass, Steal, and Vandalize.

It seems that your "Mayor" used the WHITE group color for everyone in your group and gave that group all the permissions necessary to live and work on the claim. When someone guesses a HS and kins that person, by DEFAULT they will be given the permissions of the WHITE group color.
Champie

Postby Chrumps » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Did they really guess the HS ? Maybe they just kinned him in Providence. It would be enough.

Also, in theory, there could be a town bell (there is no bell on the screenshot) and a pclaim on top of it (there is one on the screenshot) but the pclaim permissions would override town bell permissions. So either way it is pclaim permissions that did matter.

And their "mayor" was probably the guy who was bossing others around so he was a mayor in a practical sense, not in terms of game mechanics.
Chrumps

Postby gorniksam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Champie wrote:It seems that your "Mayor" used the WHITE group color for everyone in your group and gave that group all the permissions necessary to live and work on the claim.
When someone guesses a HS and kins that person, by DEFAULT they will be given the permissions of the WHITE group color.

Exactly this has happened
gorniksam

Postby Champie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Chrumps wrote:Did they really guess the HS ? Maybe they just kinned him in Providence. It would be enough.

Also, in theory, there could be a town bell (there is no bell on the screenshot) and a pclaim on top of it (there is one on the screenshot) but the pclaim permissions would override town bell permissions. So either way it is pclaim permissions that did matter.

And their "mayor" was probably the guy who was bossing others around so he was a mayor in a practical sense, not in terms of game mechanics.

/thread

The take Away: Never give permissions to White Group Kin (especially if you think you are a "Mayor" of a town that nobody can prove exists - btw, was his name Mayor McCheese?)
Champie

Postby saltmummy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:03 am

I can see one of the braziers is damaged, there would be no point in dousing it unless it was firing on you. I guess if permissions were given just for trespassing, then they wouldn't activate until some other crime had been committed like the bashing of the plank wall. Then again, you can't give permissions for attacking someone, so it could have activated when the "invaders" started attacking the residents. If the (likely true) theory about the "mayor" being a traitor are true, then maybe that is what happened.

As a side note, with all those chests out in the open, you guys look wealthy. not as wealthy as someone with tons of sheds, sure, but a juicy target none the less.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby houseofjurai » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:02 am

gorniksam wrote:
Champie wrote:It seems that your "Mayor" used the WHITE group color for everyone in your group and gave that group all the permissions necessary to live and work on the claim.
When someone guesses a HS and kins that person, by DEFAULT they will be given the permissions of the WHITE group color.

Exactly this has happened

Exactly that happened. I know my mayor very well, I've known him for more than a decade. There wasn't any kind of "betrayal." He just wasn't aware that the different colored groups did different things. (Also to answer someone else, yes we have a town bell and yes we have pclaims covering everything, just to be clear). Learning experience! :)

Basically we got broken into because we're all dumb as hell in our own different ways. We learned from this though, and hey, none of us died (I got shot at but the guy was a terrible shot, I wasn't even concerned). Just sucks they took our wall-building supplies, but we're clawing our way back.
Last edited by houseofjurai on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
houseofjurai

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses