Groups and factions

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Groups and factions

Postby JohnSnow » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Can someone tell me about political scene in Salem? What are player's unions, factions and groups exist now? What are relationships between them?
The point is that I was more or less settled into the game and now I want choose faction / guild for further play.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Re: Groups and factions

Postby Kralith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:41 pm

I think you have to read very attentive the forum to figure out who is with whom allied.
Normally groups don't yell their existence or relations or goals in the public.

Politics in Salem are a very explosive and you will not get a full overview of all here in forum.
Some groups are hidden, some are very public and obsessive.
There are some groups/towns of people who take new people, other maybe not.

The more or less public working groups mostly will choose you, instead you choose them.

My hint to you is to figure out, which goals you want to have in Salem and then read the forum and talk with people.
Maybe you will find this way the group that fits for you.
And then you have to get their trust.

Once you are steped in game political happenings, you will learn much about relations of people.

But be warned... steping into public and hidden game politics are the first step into trouble, you should be prepared for it.
Some people always want to stay in a neutral way and even get this chance with their groups.
But as soon you decide to play with other people, there will be always the risk to step too far.
Choose wisely.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby black89hawk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:38 pm

there is groups and factions but the rules secrets no names nothing all stay secret
black89hawk

Postby Heffernan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:50 pm

you think any group or faction is going to reveal themself?

Heffernan

Postby JohnSnow » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Heffernan wrote:you think any group or faction is going to reveal themself?

Seriously, why not? What sense to unite in a group, if you do not act as a group? I played a lot of mmos, and everywhere there are groups or guilds for joining.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Kralith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Thats true, but i guess you noticed that Salem is a little bit different.
In reason you can lost all stuff and even your toon can die permantently, the groups mostly don't unhide their existence.
Some groups do it, but i guess you will not get access to them easily.

Maybe you should start to join one of the more neutral towns and then get known people and choose what group you want to go in.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby JohnSnow » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Kralith wrote:Thats true, but i guess you noticed that Salem is a little bit different.
In reason you can lost all stuff and even your toon can die permantently, the groups mostly don't unhide their existence.

Maybe you should start to join one of the more neutral towns and then get known people and choose what group you want to go in.

Oh, yes, dont tell me about permadeath because it has no meaning here. I played H&H and Hafen. There is Dis, AD, Oddytown, Ainran, GH and a whole bunch of smaller factions. And no one is afraid to be in group.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby AngelOfSilence » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:09 pm

becuase hnh is pvp game man

and currently no factions other than darwoth plays lol

and kuku probably
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Dallane » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:32 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
Kralith wrote:Thats true, but i guess you noticed that Salem is a little bit different.

Oh, yes, dont tell me about permadeath because it has no meaning here. I played H&H and Hafen. There is Dis, AD, Oddytown, Ainran, GH and a whole bunch of smaller factions. And no one is afraid to be in group.

Sadly most people who play salem are massive ******* and don't want to pvp. You won't find the different factions here. General rules of thumb is to assume that whatever group you are wondering about more than likely rolled over and are allied with the KKK.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby lachlaan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 pm

You might, as a carebear like myself, imagine the political scene is formed of bubbles, like in statistic classes. Groups that overlap and/or stand on their own, with some elements belonging to more groups while others only belong to one. A bit farther down the line and the paranoia hits you, and you start to believe the false reality that in fact Salem is more like everyone standing in a circle, each stabbing the back of the person after them, so as to spread the paranoia further. This model seems likely, nice and linear and easy to understand. But much like time is proving to not be a linear concept, so is Salem a cluster**** of webbed daggers stemming out from any one person into any number of other people, or to no people.

That said, I know nothing about salem politics, but most alliances just seem fickle, so join the group with the most people in it that you enjoy playing with, and enjoy the company of and/or playstyle of.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses