In the name of Justice

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: In the name of Justice

Postby Darwoth » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:11 pm

also since i had missed it the first time around and then started looking for hibernating bear pictures while ***** about class based combat systems i will point that i 100% disagree that the use of trinkets such as pocket watches are a negative or detract from the gameplay.

this is basically the same argument as class based vs non class based combat.

trinkets add variables and depth just like open combat vs class based, and similar to people that prefer class based systems so they do not have to master as many abilities people who ***** about potions etc are those who are to lazy to get them and want an artificial metric allowing them to be "just as good" as the guy that puts in the extra effort. both dumb down combat to the underachievers status.

but even more importantly trinkets and consumables bring in an entirely different and equally vital aspect of the game into combat, which is pre planning, economics/logistics and properly managing your resources for the right time.

if i were actually given free reign (ahem, cough cough :lol: ) to design the pvp system you would see a variety of additions to the concept of specialty items instead of the removal of the handful that there are. a few simple examples would be things like thrown nets with the spider web effect and tossable boomsticks for "concussion"/ranged stomp, the reintroduction of sleep darts etc on the spectrum of slowing escape, and on the opposite side for aiding in escape you would see adds to the in game drugs for things like a short duration 50% damage reduction, snorkels for being able to "dive" under water/out of sight for a few seconds or grappling hooks you can attach to your lasso (causing it to wind up slower) to get a reverse effect.

i would also have a third "peripheral" level of minor but influential differences in characters without using a class type system, for example. maybe female characters do 30% less damage than male characters, but male characters are vulnerable to an extra stun because they can be kicked in the balls making them do the puke animation :lol:

anyway point is batarangs help apprehension, watches help escape. i suspect the reason you did not get the kill is more due to the guy prob had near 2k hp and heavily stacked combat gear vs the probable 400 - 600 stat characters you were fighting him with which means he was risking far more in both material and character investment.
Last edited by Darwoth on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Darwoth wrote:
if i were actually given free reign (ahem, cough cough :lol: ) to design the pvp system you would see a variety of additions to the concept of specialty items instead of the removal of the handful that there are. a few simple examples would be things like thrown nets with the spider web effect and tossable boomsticks for "concussion"/ranged stomp, the reintroduction of sleep darts etc on the spectrum of slowing escape, and on the opposite side for aiding in escape you would see adds to the in game drugs for things like a short duration 50% damage reduction, snorkels for being able to "dive" under water/out of sight for a few seconds or grappling hooks you can attach to your lasso (causing it to wind up slower) to get a reverse effect.

no offense, but somehow i start feeling uncomfortable about you helping design combat :?
Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Heffernan wrote:
no offense, but somehow i start feeling uncomfortable about you helping design combat :?

yeah its probably a good thing for you, you would not have liked my suicide bombing skill :lol:
Last edited by Darwoth on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby gorniksam » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:20 pm

SEMvergonha wrote:But I want to have an opportunity to fight him in a more favorable situation, I was caught by surprise :lol:

Wot? What should I do? Say "hi, gonna kill you, let's fight"?

SEMvergonha wrote:BTW
Kuku's if you can sell my rolling pin back to me? I liked him a lot

PM
gorniksam

Postby Heffernan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Darwoth wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

yeah its probably a good thing for you, you would not have liked my suicide bombing skill :lol:

Release.... The Suicide Bomb Chickens...

Heffernan

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Darwoth wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

Heff its you show photo Kuku?
ALTaZAR1

Postby Darwoth » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:41 pm

foreign theology:

1000 sparks and embers pre req

on activation causes character to yell "allah jorbtar" and expel smoke for 10 seconds

after 10 seconds character is permanently killed with 0% inheritance

all nearby players recieve blood damage equivalent to 10% of bombers scalp score

to most in this game that would be a nightmare, to me that is not only perfectly balanced (large investment by attacker, audio and visual warning, time to run away, kills attacker vs simply KOing victims etc) but simply great in general :lol:
Darwoth

Postby gorniksam » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 pm

ALTaZAR1 wrote:Heff its you show photo Kuku?

Yep, that's why I have been banned

Heffernan wrote:
Darwoth wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Smoking hot chick (after ignition), a real bombshell one could say...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ewela » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Darwoth wrote:foreign theology:

1000 sparks and embers pre req

on activation causes character to yell "allah jorbtar" and expel smoke for 10 seconds

after 10 seconds character is permanently killed with 0% inheritance

all nearby players recieve blood damage equivalent to 10% of bombers scalp score

wouls only make sense if people who are hit by the 10% and drop to 0 Health would permadie... and it can be used in providence ¦]
Ewela

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses