Town Wall Depreciation

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Town Wall Depreciation

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:17 pm

I've checked forums, updates, etc so I'll throw this out.

I'm seeing what I have never seen before- walls depreciating (that is going purple or weaker) while still under an active Town Bell that has never been empty. Seems only under a combination of Bell and PClaim are walls immune to time. Under Bell alone- anything goes?

Is this just wall Maintenance, designed, or a bug? Stone wall was perfect for 3-4 months...and only now has started to show signed of deterioration. It was Raider wall and now it's mine- it's been mine for almost 3 months and now it's falling apart. My Brick/plank walls are showing no loss of integrity.

Just saying- maybe you all need to check the perimeter for weakness depending on what the answer is.

Thanks
Last edited by DeepSixed on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeepSixed

Re: Town Wall Depreciation

Postby Heffernan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:19 pm

have multiple towns for over a year, always payd, never seen any single damage..
Heffernan

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:29 pm

This is the third TBF attempt (wimps who aren't worth the bother of a thread) on my town; could the TBF be an issue with Depreciation? Second TBF in 10 days?

Could TBF negate normal town privilege effects?

Dev- please move this post to Bugs and Technicalities

Thanks!

Kinda makes sense though- once a TBF is active there's no crime for destroying a wall- so there'll be no reason a wall shouldn't fall apart on it's own? What concerns me is that most of depreciation occured after the 2nd TBF was over... like once degradation kicks in- it can't be stopped no matter what.

I hope this is a bug!

Wager most don't see it; because most TBF end in success. These idiots are trying to steal my Lime (that only)... and they keep failing. Lime Rich area... dozens of nodes; hell even one already claimed I haven't dug out!

But now my walls are falling apart since the first attempt (on wall that there was never Pclaim'd too)- I'm concerned; and I think justifiably!

Either JC shows up to fix this or I will have to triple my Pclaim to include the outer most wall which will leave me open to Imminent domain to any rich tosh who manages to breach my outermost wall.

That's BS!!!

JC's vacation is over- he needs to look in and fix this **** already!

ROFL- as a community we can test it. Put up TBF on town with no pclaim at the outer edge for any you hate. Do nothing- you/they destroy after fruition, but when their town only walls start falling apart :). It won't be just my voice in protest I'm sure.

**** tempted to put up my own.
DeepSixed

Postby riolic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:09 pm

DeepSixed wrote:Kinda makes sense though- once a TBF is active there's no crime for destroying a wall- so there'll be no reason a wall shouldn't fall apart on it's own? What concerns me is that most of depreciation occured after the 2nd TBF was over... like once degradation kicks in- it can't be stopped no matter what.

**** like this is why no one takes anything you say seriously.
riolic
Customer

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:15 pm

riolic wrote:
DeepSixed wrote:Kinda makes sense though- once a TBF is active there's no crime for destroying a wall- so there'll be no reason a wall shouldn't fall apart on it's own? What concerns me is that most of depreciation occured after the 2nd TBF was over... like once degradation kicks in- it can't be stopped no matter what.

Well; I'm dealing with facts. My outermost stone wall that I never had a personal claim on is falling apart- and I've owned it a long time now. Hell I made an issue of spending 900 granite repairing it some weeks ago when I claimed it via Town Guardian stones as my own; but after a failed TBF it's falling apart. (Search: 900 granite ;find me smiling back at you months ago).

I know a town I'd like to own. I'm starting to think a TBF I don't have any intention of going through with and destroy- might be my ticket. Wipe the TBF after 24 hours and just wait for the outer walls (where most of the defenses are) to fall apart. 5-6 weeks later (suspect brick will take more time to degrade on its own vs stone/plank) put up another and just walk unmolested to the Bell after maybe one trespass scent.

I'm not drinking- this is common sense ****. That you don't take me serious is your loss not mine. JC would actually have to appear to screw me over already. ROFL

Note: I let 2nd TBF run for almost 48 hours- I was never worried they'd break into my secure area...and as I said they went after my 'Lime Pit' to the Far South.

ROFL~!
DeepSixed

Postby Heffernan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:18 pm

riolic wrote:

if destroying under a TbF is no crime then why is noone doing crimes on there main.. oh wait...
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:00 pm

DeepSixed wrote: please move this post to Bugs and Technicalities

Thanks!

No. However you are welcome to make a post with DETAILS about the issue you are experiencing. Also do not blame the devs for things happening. No one is messing with you.

Welcome!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Farkked are you sure you didn't just forget to claim your wall, or did you just leave the edge of your claim so close to the wall that it can be takes out with splash?
DarkNacht

Postby Heffernan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:21 pm

DarkNacht wrote:Farkked are you sure you didn't just forget to claim your wall, or did you just leave the edge of your claim so close to the wall that it can be takes out with splash?

most probably he just forgot to pay his bell and is lying about it..
Heffernan

Postby er-queent8r » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:45 pm

There was a post a while back saying his bell and pclaim were empty. Hmmm that could have no effect on a wall right?
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Next

Return to House of Burgesses