Time Management

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Time Management

Postby Darwoth » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:14 am

well thats more realistic than you realize since heffernan thinks 9/11 is hilarious and has been expressing his profound desire for america to be nuked all over the forum of late.

someone really should demand entry into heffernans town to inspect for biological claegue agents,
Darwoth

Postby JohnSnow » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:20 am

Paradoxyc wrote:I don't see how you don't have time for other players. I think you are alone doing all of the work when in reality you could be doing things with others and splitting the work you are doing.

But this does not solve the problem, because for ten players should be ten times more resources and therefore ten times more work.

saltmummy wrote:Not processing things that don't need to be processed. If I don't need metal, I don't mine. If I don't need meat, I don't hunt. If I don't need the harvest, or have no room for it, I don't harvest. You waste more time doing stuff that just doesn't need to be done right away. If you don't have space for four deer worth of meat and you aren't going to use it right away, why even have it?

As I said, I can not leave something. Maybe I do not need more deers, but I need hundreds deer hooves for structures, thats mean i need kill thousands deers. What about bears, I already killed about one hundred and will have to kill a few thousands more because of the low chance to find a paw.

saltmummy wrote: If you turn it into a ceaseless grind, a race to be strong, you aren't going to have time for fun.

And if you are weak there will be no fun anyway. If you do not grow food, you do not have biles. If you do not increase the skills, you cant make items for yourself. If it is not looking for rare artifacts, you suck. etc
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby saltmummy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:56 am

JohnSnow wrote:
saltmummy wrote: If you turn it into a ceaseless grind, a race to be strong, you aren't going to have time for fun.

And if you are weak there will be no fun anyway. If you do not grow food, you do not have biles. If you do not increase the skills, you cant make items for yourself. If it is not looking for rare artifacts, you suck. etc

:roll: I'm sorry you take a video game so seriously.
Strength is nothing without skill. Without some measure of familiarity with the controls and mechanics of combat you will still die, even to someone weaker than you. Like I said though, if you like the ceaseless grind then go ahead, it's all yours. Your effort will be wasted in the end. We all die. Even me, even you. Our characters will be so much dust in the wind and the only thing left to mark our time in salem will be the pavement where our villages once stood and the pillaged store goods and dev gifts sitting in the hordes of players far more skilled than us. Go on with your race to be the strongest, the very best. Don't slip though. There's always someone waiting for the strong to slip up.

I'll be here, having fun and waiting to bury you when you inevitably end up AFK in town because someone stronger has razed your all too attractive walls and broken your all too rich looking homestead. I'll slide your unremarkable skeleton in right next to mine and all the others. After someone else has scalped your corpse and cashed it in with the hope that it reaches the top 10 that is. If you're lucky, it will reach the top ten. I wish you luck with that too. :lol:

The lighter version
What I'm saying, in my own grim way, is have some goddamn fun and don't take it so seriously. It's just a game. You're gonna burn yourself out if you treat it like some kind of "GOTTA BE THE BEST! GOTTA BE THE BEST! HHHNNNNNNGNGGGGGGG!!!!!" You wanted actual advice about time management. If you are going to request something like that, you can't just turn around and **** on it when it's given. You've got a bunch of different view points here to go off of. I suggest you figure out what kind of balance you want between the mindless grind and taking a moment to enjoy the game.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Kandarim » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:16 am

Keep in mind that, as you progress, things get better. Increasing your proficiencies will make you more efficient in terms of gardening pots, fields, hunting, etc.

Also: there is nothing you really NEED hooves for. If you need storage, you just spam chest or wooden boxes for now - which is easy and fast storage. You absolutely do not need bear paws at such an early stage: they're only useful in maxing out certain artifact sets. If you did get one, you'd be far better off selling it for the 20k silver it will get you, and buying stuff with that.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:24 am

I also didn't say, there is no need to get some of the stuff in this game yourself. You can actually get involved with other players simply through trading. Instead of killing hundreds of deer, you could just buy them from someone else. It saves so much time and effort. If you really want the best of the best, check the market from time to time. Half my clothes were made by heffernan, jordan dk, or some other juggernaut of tailoring. Bought for a pittance from the stalls in town. I see glue and deer hooves in there all the time for as cheap as 60 silver.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:51 am

You will have about the same amount of work or less with more people because you will only need to focus on one or two types of work, instead of running all around your base doing everything yourself
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Lazun123 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Darwoth wrote:well thats more realistic than you realize since heffernan thinks 9/11 is hilarious and has been expressing his profound desire for america to be nuked all over the forum of late.

someone really should demand entry into heffernans town to inspect for biological claegue agents,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Consider specializing in some industry branches and trading excess for whatever you lack. Bear paws are more easily found by specialized hunters than yourself, and while killing time to get them is fun (if you enjoy hunting like me), you could always just produce more goods to trade for a paw. You just need to be efficient in what you do, while also being capable of doing it all. But being capable of it doesn't mean you need to do it yourself, just outsource.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Lazun123 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I really dont understand how this game is so hard for some people? O_o

im a hermit and have done a whole lot with just myself. I also work 55 hours a week and still manage.

Before i play, i think to myself, "ok what do i want to get done today?" when i deiced i go and get it done.

If you lack the ability to manage your time or focus, join a town and have somebody tell you what to do.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Judaism » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 pm

Lazun123 wrote:I really dont understand how this game is so hard for some people? O_o

Maybe they don't pay to win, like you do.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses