Time Management

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Time Management

Postby JohnSnow » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Where do you find time for in-game politics?
I have a lot of free time now, so I just play Salem and sleep. And I did not have enough time. Harvest from the fields/pots, replant, make a food, hunt bears (I hope to find a paw) and deers, dig and sift some rubble to make glass for potions, weave cotton to pay for bell, fight with the madness, study at least some inspiration to get a decent level of skill and a lot more. So goes the whole day and I know that tomorrow will have to do the same. The worst moment is that all things are necessary in order to achieve at least something in this game, and I cant stop anything.
Someone compared this game with Dont Starve, and it is absolutely true. I do not have time to interact with other players, for me they literally do not exist, and this is standalone game. But at the same time I read forums, people are constantly raid each other, fight and kill, steal and scam.
How do you have time to do this?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Re: Time Management

Postby Inotdead » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Have multiple clients open and multi-task ;)
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:54 pm

I don't see how you don't have time for other players. I think you are alone doing all of the work when in reality you could be doing things with others and splitting the work you are doing.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:24 pm

you are new, your initial steps in the game are establishing yourself and learning how to be efficient in ways that work for you along with building infrastructure that will allow you to become even more efficient.

the curve in salem is different yet similar to every other game, in other games you "level up" in salem you build a quality base and establish production as i have told people many times over your "main character" is not the avatar you run around with, it is your primary base.
Darwoth

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:27 pm

It's true. Build an efficient base. I wasted so much time on Popham with an inefficient setup. But was always too lazy to reorganize waiting on its impending doom.
Tulgarath

Postby Heffernan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Darwoth wrote:you are new, your initial steps in the game are establishing yourself and learning how to be efficient in ways that work for you along with building infrastructure that will allow you to become even more efficient.

the curve in salem is different yet similar to every other game, in other games you "level up" in salem you build a quality base and establish production as i have told people many times over your "main character" is not the avatar you run around with, it is your primary base.

a nice post from darwoth, see JC this is what HoB has come to..
Heffernan

Postby Kralith » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Nice to be in HoB?
We should celebrate it! :D
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:26 pm

Heffernan wrote:a nice post from darwoth, see JC this is what HoB has come to..

well, thats because he wants to know how to more quickly get into the killing and pillaging aspect.
Darwoth

Postby saltmummy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Not processing things that don't need to be processed. If I don't need metal, I don't mine. If I don't need meat, I don't hunt. If I don't need the harvest, or have no room for it, I don't harvest. You waste more time doing stuff that just doesn't need to be done right away. If you don't have space for four deer worth of meat and you aren't going to use it right away, why even have it? If you do insist on stockpiling absolutely everything, make sure you know where it's being kept so you can get it quickly when it's needed. The only thing I harvest as soon as it's done is cotton. Picking and harvesting that only takes about an hour and the rest of my time I just do whatever I want. Mostly cleaning up town and socializing recently.

Just remember that the game is what you make it. If you turn it into a ceaseless grind, a race to be strong, you aren't going to have time for fun. When the character/settlement you wasted so much time making as good as it can be gets killed/razed to the ground, it's just going to make you bitter as hell and you'll quit. Unless you enjoy the mindless grind that is.

If it is as darwoth says and you just want to "know how to more quickly get into the killing and pillaging," then all I can say is go buy a memento mori and post about how salty you are that you bought one and then got killed a few days later like the last guy who bought one expecting to be able to slug it out with the big boys once he had it.

Just have fun. Good things will come to you if you have fun and it will sting a whole lot less when you (and everyone else) eventually gets their **** pushed in by bored/vengeful raiders.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Yes, a Memento Mori is certainly the best investment in the store. What fun
Paradoxyc
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses