ye it was fun

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

ye it was fun

Postby Kozzy68 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 pm

I came to salem for my second play after years I think about half year back.
I started by asking here on forum why I keep finding so much stuff. I was confused that I keep finding and getting from people so much free items that would took normaly probaly months to grind. Later I find just people dont care and leave game after some time and thats exactly what Im about to do.
I spend my time rather colecting stuff from other abandon places rather than building anyting myself. I did not have to steal even as somone was just bashing claimstones and leaving all around. Even some people were so nice and got me free money tools anything I needed.
I did not have to grind so much for anything I got free tools free rare inspirationals more than I could cary all was just all sitting in unprotected claims for motns withount no one caring. Later I got so lazy I even did not took that home as no one cared much to took it. I even salvaged whole my base and did not bothered to build single baziare just patched one layer of fence and no one bothered me. Only mesure I took was to make my base look ***** and hide all loot in 2 big mines.
I got lot of 70% pythons just found for free on abandon claims 50% fields and 70% pots. I leand how to plant trees and stuff learnd 95% of skills and than I got quite bored. I know I could grind for metal fence or to have 1000000 silver a but nah I dont find that much fun. My claim is packed with stuff about 500 boxes with metals inspirationas high level foods spices sugar glass few bags of gold turtle shells easter eggs... Probably nothing interesting for pros here but average noob could find it quite valuabe. So who ever find it have fun. I really did not have to play lot to get this I spend like majority of time just colecting free stuff after somone and that probably kind of killed the game for me.
Kozzy68

Re: ye it was fun

Postby Shrapnel » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:21 pm

A cold quit? how unusual.

While im not one to quibble about how people play, it sounds like you didnt even try to progress into the darkness or some of the more... hidden.. aspects of Salem, like the Dreamworld.

Perhaps you should attempt to settle down, build a decent defensive base and then make your way into the unknown? Much more fun to be had on that path than the lone wanderer act.
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:23 pm

tl;dr

Raiders commonly leave heavy **** like turtle shells, pythons, and metal bars behind

Player finds these, concludes game is dead
Reviresco

Postby Tulgarath » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Basically, if you don't earn it yourself, you don't value it. Got it.
Tulgarath

Postby saltmummy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:13 am

Tulgarath wrote:Basically, if you don't earn it yourself, you don't value it. Got it.

Pretty much, yeah.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:50 am

Tulgarath wrote:Basically, if you don't earn it yourself, you don't value it. Got it.

I've gathered tons of free crap from abandoned claims and I value every bit of it!
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 am

Someone go scalp him. Maybe it'll make him feel better.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:07 am

Kozzy68 wrote:I really did not have to play lot to get this I spend like majority of time just colecting free stuff after somone and that probably kind of killed the game for me.

Sandboxes are what you make of them. I found that if I wasn't playing with someone and we were not actively making and meeting goals then I would have zero will to play. If you give the game another go then you should try and join a town to get the social aspect driving you.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Lazun123 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:26 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Someone go scalp him. Maybe it'll make him feel better.

Can you give us his location? Haha
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Amnezia88 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:31 pm

It's almost like someone forced him to take these free things. That's just despicable. :x
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Amnezia88
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses