Floki The Berserker

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Floki The Berserker

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Kandarim wrote:As far as I know, the devs are aware of the issue.
Given that some triangulation exploits were fixed back in the three-server era, I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to be around.
Scrapping it from my client is hardly a solution, as it wouldn't be too hard for anyone to re-implement the locator tool in a private client.
If it needs to be fixed, it's something that should be done server-side.

your client is what is public and available to the majority that have no idea how to ***** with a client, the locator tool, radius circles, "raider mode" garbage and so on should not exist in it period, you can say and justify however the ***** you want but in every other game with a mainstream company behind it you know as well as i do that your **** would be considered akin to the old "xunleashed" type of cheat programs that ran amok years ago.

i know for a fact some of the devs are not happy about the client situation and some of the recent additions to yours, hopefully that means we will all get a legit client soon and these customs along with the ridiculous client that rustatorium members paid a team of coders to make with a bunch of complex bots and horse **** in can be reigned in.

Kandarim wrote:If there are any specific red flags you notice, I'll be happy to take care of them - the client is one area where I stay impartial (evidence the fact that I haven't name-blocked certain users :roll: )

the instability, massive memory leak that has existed since day one and the fact uninstalling it from the computer speeds up said computer are pretty hefty red flags. i have not used your client in eons and the last time i did i immediately ran every virus scan i could and changed the passwords of the relevant accounts.
Darwoth

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Darwoth wrote:you can say and justify however the ***** you want but in every other game with a mainstream company behind it you know as well as i do that your **** would be considered akin to the old "xunleashed" type of cheat programs that ran amok years ago.

Guess why I am here, and not there.

Darwoth wrote:i know for a fact some of the devs are not happy about the client situation and some of the recent additions to yours, hopefully that means we will all get a legit client soon and these customs along with the ridiculous client that rustatorium members paid a team of coders to make with a bunch of complex bots and horse **** in can be reigned in.

I am aware of their stance, and I am also aware of the previous attempt at improving the default client, before JC sacrificed his own time to work on it.

Darwoth wrote:i have not used your client in eons and the last time i did i immediately ran every virus scan i could and changed the passwords of the relevant accounts.

Well, anyone with any programming experience is free to poke around in it. It's not hard to use a packet tracer to check the client is only communicating with the game servers.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:23 pm

gorniksam

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:24 pm

any more news on Floki? Have you heard from him yet, or is all quiet on that front ?
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Kandarim wrote:I am aware of their stance, and I am also aware of the previous attempt at improving the default client, before JC sacrificed his own time to work on it.

is it really that difficult to not be a giant **** caked ******* that harms the game by removing the ****** elements of your client? i am sure you will still use a beefed up version and so will your friends, however having garbage like that as the "main client" while the devs drag ass on an alternative does nothing but greatly detract from the player vs player aspects of the game.
Darwoth

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Darwoth wrote:
Kandarim wrote:I am aware of their stance, and I am also aware of the previous attempt at improving the default client, before JC sacrificed his own time to work on it.

is it really that difficult to not be a giant **** caked ******* that harms the game by removing the ****** elements of your client? i am sure you will still use a beefed up version and so will your friends, however having garbage like that as the "main client" while the devs drag ass on an alternative does nothing but greatly detract from the player vs player aspects of the game.

That sounds like it would be something serious, if you say that some circles make a total retard pwn in pvp then...

For the most part, his client, and it's public availability is the sole reason that this game has any players besides you and your friends, because the standard client just is that bad.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Darwoth wrote:i am sure you will still use a beefed up version and so will your friends, however having garbage like that as the "main client" while the devs drag ass on an alternative does nothing but greatly detract from the player vs player aspects of the game.

That was exactly the case back when my client was still private and only shared with a handful of people in-game. I got plenty of remarks on my openly running a private client, which led me to publish it. It's not an ideal solution, but I still think it was the better of the two choices.

gorniksam wrote:<waiting for the end of the derail>

I'm sorry, I tried :(
Last edited by Kandarim on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Taipion wrote:For the most part, his client, and it's public availability is the sole reason that this game has any players besides you and your friends, because the standard client just is that bad.

you appear to have missed the point, i did not tell him to remove the client only the lame aspects of it that are under discussion.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Locked at the request of OP
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:54 pm

This is indeed the first I've heard of this, and a PM before now would have been nice. I always thought the follow tool was party only and if it is not, then I'll be talking to John about it next time I see him. He'll have to make the call on whether it is cheating.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses