Floki The Berserker

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Floki The Berserker

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Taipion wrote:Just what I expected.

There is just one thing I don't understand: Why was no one banned yet for using such a cheat?

You should take this up with the devs instead of posting it on here. We don't know any of the details with this at all.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:Just what I expected.

There is just one thing I don't understand: Why was no one banned yet for using such a cheat?

You should take this up with the devs instead of posting it on here. We don't know any of the details with this at all.

I am surely not in the position to prove anything, yet this thread in itself is probably proof enough,
also I have been warned by friends to not port back home from the open in providence but only from inside a house as this seemingly wont work for the locating.

I was suspicious when kuku asked me yesterday if I could describe Floki to her, and this is exactly what I expeted!
(I never give out any info of customers, I would be a bad trader if I did, honestly I don't remember if I had Floki kinned because we traded or why, but in that case it's all the same.)

Also, I kind of doubt that you were not aware of that cheat, due to several reasons, but well, it's ofc up to JC to decide what to do.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 pm

because ender does not play anymore so everytime a patch with client changes comes out someone else has to recompile it and kandarim likes to put lame ***** in his client for people like his friends that suck ass at the game, most recently the losebag radius circles for AE attacks and the ability to directly port other stupid ***** (like bots) into the client itself without actually knowing how to make your own client.

since he is the only one keeping his client current and the majority of the playerbase uses it the devs give it a pass so they do not have to waste dev time on upgrading the real client, which i have said since the days of jorb/loftar should be the absolute 100% number one priority since a lot of people (like all 7 members of my guild that i convinced to try the game, what a different world salem would be with 8 "darwoth's" running around with over a decade experience playing together instead of just me) log in, look at the clunky client and say "yeah, ***** this headache inducing 1992 ****" before ever realizing there are custom clients to use instead. unfortunately jorb/loftar were retarded and did not understand everyone thought the client was **** and the current devs have prioritized game content over the client.

in the meantime go inside a building before porting home to avoid being locator cheesed by the client.
Last edited by Darwoth on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Dallane is not a developer.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:49 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Dallane is not a developer.

No, and that was not the reason why I said he was probably aware of that cheat.

Darwoth wrote:in the meantime go inside a building before porting home to avoid being locator cheesed by the client.

Taipion wrote:also I have been warned by friends to not port back home from the open in providence but only from inside a house as this seemingly wont work for the locating.

Most people, including you, already know where I live anyways, so I for myself don't really care much. :D
But yes, everyone who values his privacy should heed this advice.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 pm

I have no clue where you live. :/
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 pm

I am aware of the locator exploit existing but noone has yet shared the details with me. To the best of my knowledge it should only be possible if said person is in your party - at which point they deserve it for being a retard. I'm pretty sure this disclaimer is somewhere in my release notes, too.

Darwoth wrote:since he is the only one keeping his client current and the majority of the playerbase uses it the devs give it a pass so they do not have to waste dev time on upgrading the real client

FYI I also keep Ender's client compiled, be it that it hasn't been necessary for a long long time.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:01 pm

you do not have to be partied and never have, which since all of the "raider" elements of your faction has used it for over a year you know full well the issue.

i have tried enders original, your compiled version of enders and your client, for some reason both your client and your recompiled version of enders remain equally laggy/unstable where as the original enders as well as versions that have been recompiled for me by benevolent members of the community retain their stability.

even uninstalling your client from the computer gives a noticeable performance speed boost akin to running a defrag and my computer is probably better than the majority of the people playing.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Taipion wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Dallane is not a developer.

No, and that was not the reason why I said he was probably aware of that cheat.

When I play I don't use that client nor do I keep up with it. After people used custom clients to get account information in haven I became very paranoid of trusting these. Then I learned that he has friends in game and saw red flags everywhere.

I did however say to take it up with the devs because you shouldn't assume that nothing is being done about it. Maybe they honestly didn't know and they could of watched for this happening and punish those who are doing it. They could of talked to Kandarim and asked for it to be removed. I know its hard for them to do this with a small staff but we can't assume that nothing is going on behind the curtain.

They also might not see it as cheating. If there are a ton of people that dislike this and feel that way then Meow would have PMs for a reference to the issue for the MM meetings instead of searching for a thread. We know JC doesn't bow to the will of the people as he shouldn't but he does slightly bend to make people happy and improve the game.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:06 pm

As far as I know, the devs are aware of the issue.
Given that some triangulation exploits were fixed back in the three-server era, I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to be around.
Scrapping it from my client is hardly a solution, as it wouldn't be too hard for anyone to re-implement the locator tool in a private client.
If it needs to be fixed, it's something that should be done server-side.

Dallane wrote:Then I learned that he has friends in game and saw red flags everywhere.

Now, now. Salem is probably a game where it is harder to make friends than in other games, but it's hard to play without getting to know anyone.
If there are any specific red flags you notice, I'll be happy to take care of them - the client is one area where I stay impartial (evidence the fact that I haven't name-blocked certain users :roll: )
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses