The Hall of Tears

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

The Hall of Tears

Postby saltmummy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:22 am

As I was undertaking this task, it became apparent that a lot of people weren't aware of the existence of "The Hall of Tears." For those of you that do not know, The Hall of Tears is a mausoleum placed in the providence cemetery by (I'm assuming) Marp Tarpton to (assuming again) house the great number of deceased littering the streets.

A couple days ago, I went inside for reasons I don't recall and found that somebody had vandalized the hall of tears by arranging all the bodies into the words "TEARS *****." I'd post a screen, but I would get in trouble for evading the profanity filter. After I and a friend rearranged the bodies back into orderly rows, I decided on a whim to clean up providence and it soon became apparent that the hall might not have enough space. I still have yet to move the bodies from the cemetery itself, there are a few more skeletons piled up near the barn and the wagons, and also the skeletons on the island west of town and buried underneath the buildings in town. Also a few inside hovels around town.

In the following image, the three rows closest to the west wall on the left were in the hall when I started, and a little more that half the skeletons on the right side were moved from the valley of thorns with the assistance of a mysterious and helpful stranger whose name I forgot to ask. Whoever you are I once again thank you, both for your assistance and your gifts.

Aaaand, I learned some things. About salem, and about the community. Mostly about the community.
People are not nearly as ***** as I thought they would have been. No one tried to screw with me or stop me from doing what I was doing, except kuku who ambushed me with a hug as I walked through the center of town or the various people who wanted to know what I was doing. Those don't count though, as they are things not meant to hinder me.
People leave a lot of valuable stuff in barrels. Somebody left some glass bottles and about 10KG of sugar in a barrel. I also came across a pane of glass and somebody else I talked too today found one of the barrels loaded with silver ore. He could have been lying of course, but it wouldn't surprise me after having found the glass.
People can be surprisingly talkative without being overly offensive. My assumption was that just like in legacy haven, any encounter with another player that involved speaking would result in an inability to understand one another, insults, death, or a combination of those three things. Perhaps it is a result of people being unable to attack each other in town.
There is a great deal more going on in providence than it seems. I watched people come and go, gather into groups to go raid or explore, and conduct trades. They would stand around having silent conversations, and I would wonder what they were talking about. I noticed the church saw heavy use as well. It certainly wasn't as dull as it was made out to be.
lastly, hauling a single skeleton takes a hell of a long time. If you take a skeleton from where jordan gramsey is standing and carry it to the hall of tears, it takes about 3 minutes, not counting the time it takes to rotate the skeleton to place it into it's row. Considering it takes no more than ten seconds to sprint that distance, I'd say that's a long time.

Anyways, I had a question. My question is directed towards the devs and it is this; If the hall of tears is filled, will it be expanded? What will happen to the bodies?
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Re: The Hall of Tears

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:31 am

saltmummy wrote:Anyways, I had a question. My question is directed towards the devs and it is this; If the hall of tears is filled, will it be expanded? What will happen to the bodies?

Bodies really need to have a decay timer even if its a long one.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:34 am

we should be able to destroy skeletons after, say, a month or so.
Or for skeletons from characters with less than 500 scalp score or some other random bar - probably a large part of those skeletons are old mule alts of mine that didn't have a leanto anymore and I cycled through once to clean them out.

Maybe a skeleton with less than 10 blood should have bones so brittle they decay by themselves after a week or so ?
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Judaism » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:51 am

We can destroy skeletons IIRC, just not on Providence. All they have to change is to make them vulnerable there.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Forungi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:39 pm

You're truly doing the lord's work.
Forungi

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Judaism wrote:We can destroy skeletons IIRC, just not on Providence. All they have to change is to make them vulnerable there.

really? I am unable to destroy skeletons through conventional means, with or without their skulls.
Sure, i'm able to destroy em using the canoe trick, but that grows expensive fast. I suppose you could also destroy them by burying them and destroying the gravestone but that is also an annoyingly roundabout way, I'd say.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Kandarim wrote:
Judaism wrote:We can destroy skeletons IIRC, just not on Providence. All they have to change is to make them vulnerable there.

really? I am unable to destroy skeletons through conventional means, with or without their skulls.
Sure, i'm able to destroy em using the canoe trick, but that grows expensive fast. I suppose you could also destroy them by burying them and destroying the gravestone but that is also an annoyingly roundabout way, I'd say.

someone suggest a skeleton grinder.
Heffernan

Postby Propulsion » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Most of them are Heff :lol:
Propulsion

Postby gorniksam » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Propulsion wrote:Most of them are Heff :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gorniksam

Postby Kandarim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:48 pm

nonsense: we all know kuku has heff's skulls on her nightstands - those all still have their skulls attached :)
Kandarim
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses