Women look better without facial hair.

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Women look better without facial hair.

Postby JoanXena » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:12 pm

((t/w: misogyny, body-shaming, slut-shaming

A friend of mine told me about a game ze was playing. Ze said it was a "cute little role playing farming sim with crafting and a little bit of pvp." I like to play other farming simulators and found the idea of pvp (I used to play a lot of runescape) being incorporated in to the mix to be quite appealing.
"I would LOVE to try it out," I exclaimed with furor, "but is there anything I should know about before I dive in? You know, anything that might startle my ptsd?"
"Nahhh," ze lied, "the characters are chibi and fairly androgynous, I think you will like them"
"Alright," I said, relieved.
I went straight home after our dinner date (this wonderful vegan place in the university district of Seattle. truly marvelous food that I don't have to feel ashamed to eat) to check the game out for myself. I immediately notice that the characters depicted on the front page of the website are all male.
Strike one.
It took me a few moments to get over it, but I was able to explain the behavior away. "It's normal in this society." I consoled myself, "the developers probably didn't think anything of it. This doesn't mean that they think only men can be adventurers in a new world. It's okay, *Insert my chosen name here,* give the game another chance."
I did. I was brave and pressed forward, out in to this new world.
I get passed the login screen and start my character. I start out as a little gray thing. No distinct gender. "Wow, a game that finally gets it!" I exclaim aloud, but immediately after notice it is forcing me to choose between a male or female sprite. I sigh to myself, "it was to good to be true." I say to no one in particular.
I choose a female at first. "At least I get to chose my gender this time" I think to myself, mostly just to further console. I choose my hair color (gray, because it is closest to the metallic silver I have in real life) and then my hair cut. I move over to the mirror and click it, expecting some sort of looks customization, ONLY TO BE AFFRONTED BY THIS!

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO DICTATE TO ME A STANDARD OF FEMALE BEAUTY. Since I was a young girl in high school I have had a thick mustache. I used to cry myself to sleep wishing that I could be like the other people that were afflicted with the same gender as I. I would pluck every single hair more than twice a month, and yell at myself in the mirror "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE NORMAL???" all the while sobbing.
I went through many years of therapy for this. Eventually I realized that I was just running from myself. I learned to just embrace the mustache as part of who I am and to let it grow as the people that will truly love me will do so mustached or not. "I AM beautiful whether or not I have hair on my upper lip!" I reminded myself.
STRIKE TWO
It was hard for me to press forward at this point. I had to keep reminding myself that I definitely DO have worth to society, and that my value as a human being isn't determined by my facial hair. "I WILL make it. These misogynists will NOT hold me back as a strong independent woman. I will show them!" I said to the room.

I pressed through the rest of the tutorial like it was nothing. I made the tiny wiener creature gobble the nut, and allowed him to play with my tumbleweed. Learned the lore of land and then finally self defense. "I WILL protect myself here. I AM strong. I CAN do this" I roared.

The Native brought me to my new homestead. I set up a fireplace and built a drying frame. I was just placing my bed on the ground when I noticed that I could travel to a town named "Providence"
I clicked the button.
It brought me to a giant city FULL of skeletons. What space that isn't occupied by skeletons is mainly taken up by silly barrels. I walk around (more like dodge-skeletons around) for a moment when I notice the clothing that other people are wearing. What I notice moreover are the clothes ONE gentleman was NOT wearing. This fellow was COMPLETELY NUDE.
I have nothing wrong with nudity, but I knew for a fact that if he was nude I had better be able to strip down as well.
I find my equipment tab...
YES
Image I undressed in the streets. Finally a game where I may let my mammilla run wild, completely equal too men. I was so elated, in fact, I removed ONE STRIKE from the game's history.
But I was so caught up in that spicy little nugget that I barely noticed the ridiculous standard you have chosen to portray for women.
LOOK at those proportions. How am I EVER supposed to look like that. Just ANOTHER game run by men trying to force an OBSCENE standard for beauty on women.
STRIKE TWO
I walk around town, getting used to the feeling of letting it all hang out. "This feeling, it makes me feel so alive" I whisper to myself.
That is when ze approached me.
"Excuse me miss" ze typed, "would you happen to know the emote facepalm?"
that is when I had to get zir to explain where the emotes were.
"I do!" I said while performing the action as evidence.
"Excellent" ze said. "Walk over to this gentleman and facepalm a WHOLE bunch. Over and over as fast as you can."
Intrigued, I did as ze asked. I spammed the emote as fast as I could.
"Good, now slower." ze said. I obliged.
"Slower," ze said. Again, I obliged.
"Now go really fast. Yeah, really really fast."
I clicked so furiously I could feel my mouse giving out.
"Ohhh god yeah, okay were done." ze said, walking over to a barrel. "Come here and get this."
I right click the barrel, to see this inside.
"What's this for?" I inquire, clearly confused.
"As a thanks for letting me watch, and at least this way you will be a ***** and not just some ****." ze said, immediately afterwards vanishing.
My vision went red.
Okay so FIRST OFF I had no idea I was performing a sex act and SECOND off so what if I was maybe I enjoyed myself I mean if a man was doing it no one would of said a thing but there is some lady running around naked facepalming then suddenly she's a ****.
I am going to find that person someday and show zir what this **** can do. I will raise zir hovel to the ground.

Anyway this whole post just points to this community needing more feminism. I mean, there is only 1 POST on the front page about feminism. ONLY ONE. (okay, 2 now)

Anyways, whatever. I am going to go and gobble some more nuts or some **** to increase my yellow bile so that I can find that bastard and show him what a real **** is.

JX, out))
(see that is just ridiculous I could never look that good)
JoanXena

Re: Women look better without facial hair.

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:22 pm

What the ***** did I just read.
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Rifmaster wrote:What the ***** did I just read.

its even more funny someone took really the time to read it :P
Heffernan

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:What the ***** did I just read.

its even more funny someone took really the time to read it :P

Hey how many people get the chance to read about a woman with a moustache blowing the violin player?
I had to seize the opportunity.
Rifmaster

Postby Amnezia88 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Image :oops: :P
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
Amnezia88
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:04 pm

this thread is almost as pointless as a liberal arts degree
Darwoth

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Darwoth wrote:this thread is almost as pointless as a liberal arts degree

Don't, you're gonna trigger someone who wasted their life to get one!
Rifmaster

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:03 pm

I see someone was bored today.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Reviresco » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:14 pm

I pm'd this bigoted piece of garbage about forming a tumblr faction to aggressively create safe spaces within others' bases, and ze told me ze doesn't associate with fernkin.

I don't need you.

I have enough fronds.

Yes, I went that far for a ****** pun.
Reviresco

Postby Icon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:48 pm

I speak fluent narcotic, but this is a dialect I'm unfamiliar with
Icon

Next

Return to House of Burgesses