so.... here we go...

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: so.... here we go...

Postby JohnSnow » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Kandarim wrote:when a piece of steel goes for upwards of 700s, do you really think 500s will make a whole lot of difference? a single iron wall segment will cost you ~2.5k silver, let alone the corners. I think you can do better :)

I still do not understand. My wall segment cost 0 silver, because I smelted iron and made steel. I dont buy anything. The only problem is the amethysts, but we are just discussing it right now.

Maybe I can find more money if someone more experienced and a famous will implement this fund. Obviously, I do not succeed collect money, people will not trust me.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Kandarim » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Have a look at implicit opportunity cost. If the materials you use for the iron wall could have been sold for 2.5k, then the wall effectively cost you 2.5k, whether or not you ever had that silver. Probably a bit more as you could have spent the time building that wall on collecting more silver.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Forungi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:18 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
Kandarim wrote:when a piece of steel goes for upwards of 700s, do you really think 500s will make a whole lot of difference? a single iron wall segment will cost you ~2.5k silver, let alone the corners. I think you can do better :)

I still do not understand. My wall segment cost 0 silver, because I smelted iron and made steel. I dont buy anything. The only problem is the amethysts, but we are just discussing it right now.

Maybe I can find more money if someone more experienced and a famous will implement this fund. Obviously, I do not succeed collect money, people will not trust me.

My point was that if you have already advanced to the stage of building iron walls, then you should be able and willing to contribute way more than 500.
Forungi

Postby JohnSnow » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Forungi wrote:My point was that if you have already advanced to the stage of building iron walls, then you should be able and willing to contribute way more than 500.

Maybe, but I do not want. I'll pay the full price, and everyone will enjoy the bloodmoon. Someone will get more amethysts than me. Therefore, I propose to divide cost at all.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Tulgarath » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Compare it to fine dining.

The best restaurants do not list prices, because if you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it.
Tulgarath

Postby saltmummy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
Forungi wrote:My point was that if you have already advanced to the stage of building iron walls, then you should be able and willing to contribute way more than 500.

I'll pay the full price, and everyone will enjoy the bloodmoon.

That's nice of you.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses