The Great Silencing: Part 2

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

The Great Silencing: Part 2

Postby Claeyt » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 am

TODAY I'M OFFERING MY SILENCE FOR SALE

Once upon a time, long ago in a world far, far away. I made a deal to buy my silence on the forums with a player named the Chief.

THE GREAT SILENCING

Unfortunately we never completed the deal and so I'm offering to sell it to him or the current Dev's or whichever player can come up with my price. It's probably only the current dev's that can come up with the price but there may be some long hard working player out there that has these items that I'm willing to trade 6 months of forum silence for.

That's right, you heard it right. 6 MONTHS of no Claeyt, no Claegue, no "Liberal Nonsense". Nothing.

Here are the terms that I'm offering:

1. I will not create a thread outside of 'The Trade Wind' or 'Planter's and Pilgrims' and then only to create a trade thread or a town recruitment thread.

2. I will not post any pictures or images or gifs in any other section of the forum including HoB or CoaB except in the aforementioned TRADE and RECRUITMENT THREAD.

3. I will not post in any thread ANYWHERE on the forum except in my own TRADE thread or in my own TOWN RECRUITMENT thread.

4. I will only be allowed to post the word 'Bump' in either of these threads so as to keep them current

5. I will only edit my TRADE thread OP to add or subtract new materials and not to comment.

6. I will only edit my TOWN RECRUITMENT thread OP to include new information about the town I'm recruiting for and not to comment.

7. I will not PM the mods, admins or dev's about anything except a clear and concise HELP or BUG question of no more than one sentence.

8. I will not PM any player what so ever except to offer TRADE or RECRUITMENT pertaining to my 2 allowed threads.

9. I will only respond to PM's if a player wants me to respond and PM's me. I will not initiate or begin a PM thread.

10.I will be allowed to PM any friend, ally, town member of a town I live in and/or kin on my main character's (not Belethor) kin list so as to maintain good mayoral relationships and contact with my town mates.

11.I will clear my signature of any picture, words or comments.

12.I will not edit any old post or thread after the Silence begins.

What I'm asking for this glorious Claeytless 6 months on the forum isn't small. I doubt that anyone but the dev's can give me these things but I have no doubt that if you PM them and say, "Please, for the love of god, give Claeyt these small things so that he leaves the forum in peace for 6 months." they may listen to you and simply come up with my price. Maybe some higher end players can pool their booty and come up with my price.

Here are all the items required to buy my SILENCE for 6 months:

tophat1 Tall (Black) Tophat

undertakercoat 1 Full Undertaker's Outfit (all pieces)

goldengoose1 Golden Goose

conquistadorsshirt1 Full Conquistador's Outfit (all pieces)

Image1 Full Plymouth Rock Outfit including the Sash (all pieces)

(I miss this outfit, you guys should make it craftable either way)

That's it. That's all I'm asking for 6 MONTHS of silence. That's 6 MONTHS of peace and quiet for Dallane and Tmeow. 6 MONTHS of Darwoth being able to post whatever he wants without me commenting on it.

Of course all the items would be loot-able throughout the 6 month SILENCING. If I lost some or all the items the deal would of course still stand. These items would make me a hunted player for sure and would probably lead to great drama as I tried to hide them between my many towns.

If I break the rules here would be the consequences:

1. I of course would lose all the items that were payed to me.

2. I would let the Dev's stock a naked Belethor the Merchant (with a plague masque) for a period of 1/2 an hour unless someone tries to spam him with madness or kill him in some way. I of course let anyone whip him or throw food at him for the full 1/2 an hour.

3. I would post at least 1 post per day agreeing with Darwoth in a thread.

4. I would put this image into my signature for a period of 1 month:

Well the rest is up to you. let's see how much Dallane, Tmeow and Darwoth really want my SILENCE on the forum. Go ahead and PM the dev's, admins, Dallane or contact people that you know hold these items and let's see if you all can...

BUY MY SILENCE FOR 6 MONTHS
Last edited by Claeyt on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Re: The Great Silencing: Part 2

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:05 am

Rubberduckbandit

Postby Claeyt » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:20 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:Image

Yet you visited and posted here. :D
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:43 am

Locking thread pending Meow review.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:07 am

It was funny when Chief did it. You just look like an ass.

So, when Dallane removed the gun control derail from Darwoth's San Bernardino thread, Claeyt complained bitterly to me that people would see this as some sort of horrible draconian censoring. Like you're not allowed to talk about it or something. I told him that he should absolutely make his own Gun Control thread and he will be free to talk about it all he wants. This is, apparently, his response.

There was some question as to whether this thread is breaking any rules; I have judged that it is not but I feel obliged to point out a few things:

1. Rules 7-10 are unenforceable.

2. The devs will not be giving you these things. Whatever thought process caused you to go from "Meow is begging me to please stop breaking rules constantly" to "Meow will pay me to not break the rules", it was faulty.

3. The 'punishment' is almost entirely unenforceable and that misogynistic picture of yours won't fit in your signature.

4. No one cares if you post or not. As RDB pointed out, those who might can put you on the ignore list. I personally view you as a sort of court jester. Most of the time, when you're not misdirecting newbies in Help or telling people not to play Salem, I find you amusing and am disappointed when you get yourself banned yet again.

5. You usually spend about a month being banned followed by about 4 days out of your ban before you do something else that warrants a ban. You'll silence yourself soon enough if history is any indication. Why should anyone pay for something you'll do for free?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:23 am

i could easily cover all those items except the undertaker jacket, but without claeyt posts i would have to actively search for someones face to hate in the morning instead of just hopping over to salem.

i would consider it if instead of purchasing silence i was purchasing claeyt buying a lifetime NRA membership, or posting a youtube video of him attending a ku klux klan rally in full regalia.
Darwoth

Postby belgear » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:42 am

this is pretty funny tbh
belgear
Customer

Postby loleznub » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:59 am

Instead of giving items to someone to keep them quiet, I feel a permanent ban would be much more effective.

But that's just my opinion if someone is trying to extort items from devs :roll:
loleznub
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:10 am

loleznub wrote:But that's just my opinion if someone is trying to extort items from devs :roll:

100% items... heck as he listed the most rarest items ingame are given out for NICE people that contribute to the game, finds bugs or anything, not people who are annoying...
Heffernan

Postby belgear » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:12 am

Claeyt is clearly a terrorist
belgear
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses