Declaiming by Town bell?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Declaiming by Town bell?

Postby DustToDust » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Hey guys, I'm back to my beloved Salem after a break due to an unforeseen break in to my base. I never really was good at this game I must admit, but I did my best to learn as much about protection as i could. In the end it didn't really matter xD
Anyways, I was wondering if it's fine to take over claims by town bell? Do I really have to make a claim of 100x100 to avoid my brazers being disarmed by a town bell? Seems a bit unfair suppose, but maybe it isn't, maybe I just miss some information on my part... I'm sorry if I'm inexperienced with these things called PvP, I'm more of a PvE player myself. Also I hope I made a thread in the right place. Don't usually use forums for anything more than update notes. Thanks for all the info you provide on this mater! Here for Salem the best game in the world YeaH!

The town bell isn't mine. There was a claim in the brazer protected box obviously. And they just broke my wall without brazers even shooting or leaving a scent.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (192.41 KiB) Viewed 5264 times
DustToDust

Re: Declaiming by Town bell?

Postby Judaism » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Yes this is an intended mechanic. How long ago did this happened ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:03 pm

DustToDust wrote:Do I really have to make a claim of 100x100 to avoid my brazers being disarmed by a town bell?

You can put up your own town bell, and then they can't "eminent domain" you like that.

From what I've been told you're supposed to:

1) Have a crappy little claim no one wants
2) Horde resources
3) Turn your crappy claim into a nice, well defended claim in a very short period of time with your cached resources
4) Make a well defended bell as soon as possible
5) Wall in the town claim
5) Extend your p-claim 1 unit past the town claim area so they must commit p-claim trespassing to even touch your walls.
6) Fill up the outer perimeter with braziers. Ideally having multiple sub-areas of your base that require raiders to keep breaking walls while taking fire from inner braziers that don't reach to the outside so they couldn't have been slowly drained of their ammo.
7) Start making nice stuff for your base, but not too much nice stuff.
8) Put more braziers and torches everywhere.
9) Start talking to yourself a lot.
10) Build more braziers.
11) Build more torches
12) Build more brick walls
13) Become a violent anonymous recluse.

I'm not an expert or anything, though.
Last edited by Reviresco on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco

Postby DustToDust » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Judaism wrote:Yes this is an intended mechanic. How long ago did this happened ?

This happened like 3 months ago or so. Kind of a ***** that people can take over your claim just like that, I really don't want to pay for a town bell....
DustToDust

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:15 pm

DustToDust wrote:
Judaism wrote:Yes this is an intended mechanic. How long ago did this happened ?

This happened like 3 months ago or so. Kind of a ***** that people can take over your claim just like that, I really don't want to pay for a town bell....

then u dont want your claim either
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Reviresco » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Making a hermit town really isn't hard. I'm a hermit who's been playing since July and I've had a town bell behind layers of brick for over a month.
Reviresco

Postby DustToDust » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Reviresco wrote:
DustToDust wrote:Do I really have to make a claim of 100x100 to avoid my brazers being disarmed by a town bell?

You can put up your own town bell, and then they can't "imminent domain" you like that.

From what I've been told you're supposed to:

1) Have a crappy little claim no one wants
2) Horde resources
3) Turn your crappy claim into a nice, well defended claim in a very short period of time with your cached resources
4) Make a well defended bell as soon as possible
5) Wall in the town claim
5) Extend your p-claim 1 unit past the town claim area so they must commit p-claim trespassing to even touch your walls.
6) Fill up the outer perimeter with braziers. Ideally having multiple sub-areas of your base that require raiders to keep breaking walls while taking fire from inner braziers that don't reach to the outside so they couldn't have been slowly drained of their ammo.
7) Start making nice stuff for your base, but not too much nice stuff.
8) Put more braziers and torches everywhere.
9) Start talking to yourself a lot.
10) Build more braziers.
11) Build more torches
12) Build more brick walls
13) Become a violent anonymous recluse.

I'm not an expert or anything, though.

Thanks for all the explanation. You really helped me out!
Last 5 points were hilarious, sadly I realize that they are also true... I will try to figure out how to close the topic since I think my question was answered. Thanks! Off to make a new home for myself!
DustToDust

Postby Reviresco » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:21 pm

DustToDust wrote:Thanks for all the explanation. You really helped me out!
Last 5 points were hilarious, sadly I realize that they are also true... I will try to figure out how to close the topic since I think my question was answered. Thanks! Off to make a new home for myself!

You're welcome. Sorry you didn't know about the Town Bell eminent domain thing sooner. I didn't find out until I was almost two months in, just when I had gotten comfortable in my p-claim. :evil:
Reviresco

Postby Judaism » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Could you trade me a survey to your town ?
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Judaism wrote:Could you trade me a survey to your town ?

Heffernan

Next

Return to House of Burgesses