Kind Karing Kristians - Justification Thread

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Kind Karing Kristians - Justification Thread

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:40 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:So, mind to explain?

Yes, you don't know what you are talking about

Thank you for clarifying that you were just talking cheap with no argument to start with. :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 pm

This would make raiding inactive providence bases easier. This new system makes raiding ALL bases a bit 'easier'. but then again we are here

I would happily do it raiding 10 bases a day----------------------I hate my life----------------------------------------------------There is no chance in hell I would use this system
<.....................................................................................................................................................X.............................................>

With the new system we are here

I would happily do it raiding 10 bases a day-----------------------I hate my life----------------------------------------------------There is no chance in hell I would use this system
<..................................................................................................X...................................................,.............................................>
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:This would make raiding inactive providence bases easier. This new system makes raiding ALL bases a bit 'easier'. but then again we are here

I would happily do it raiding 10 bases a day----------------------I hate my life----------------------------------------------------There is no chance in hell I would use this system
<.....................................................................................................................................................X.............................................>

With the new system we are here

I would happily do it raiding 10 bases a day-----------------------I hate my life----------------------------------------------------There is no chance in hell I would use this system
<..................................................................................................X...................................................,.............................................>

Now, trusting you with that statement, I really need to see it in action.
From the simple math in it, that any time the waste claim is up makes it easier for the attacker, I really wonder how it will work.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Considering raiding right now is soul crushing this will be a huge improvement.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby belgear » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:48 am

basically what JC is saying is "pay2grief"
belgear
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:49 am

If you are referring to a store item for raiding. That is certainly not going to be the case. If you are hinting that there will be more raid structures that should be built for a successful siege then yes, I hope to give the aggressors more options to invest more to lesson the pain of a siege.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby belgear » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:14 am

JohnCarver wrote:If you are referring to a store item for raiding. That is certainly not going to be the case. If you are hinting that there will be more raid structures that should be built for a successful siege then yes, I hope to give the aggressors more options to invest more to lesson the pain of a siege.

was just going off the scaling silver investment thing with the waste claims, and then going for the shot in the dark thing. ty for confirmation tho ¦] I like the idea of building more things and doing more things during a siege. TBH I feel like most people play this game to get the chance to be a defender (and win), so I wish you would do something to incentivize attacking an active claim.
TBH none of it really matters to me atm I want to see how the sticks have landed before I say anything. Have done the math for attacking claims under current rule-set but have not done any practical application. I have found that I have a higher tolerance for grueling tasks that reward very little so my opinion is a little off from most other's anyway
belgear
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:03 am

JohnCarver wrote:If you are referring to a store item for raiding. That is certainly not going to be the case. If you are hinting that there will be more raid structures that should be built for a successful siege then yes, I hope to give the aggressors more options to invest more to lesson the pain of a siege.

This ignores one of the biggest problems that we have. Protected Waste Claims. It's still possible to build a protected Waste Claim unreachable by mortar with a stick fence around it where a "defender" of a town has to commit Waste to protect their town. A scaling/growing Waste Claim would increase this it seems like. Maybe a smaller Waste Claim that can't be protected with a town, that increases the ability to attack walls with investment from raiders?

I still don't understand why you won't consider non-destructable Townbells filled with Silver and no key larceny. This would fix so many of the problems we have of raiders getting to the townbells, destroying them, taking the town, the keys, the characters (who are now trapped) and killing and keeping all of it.

Why is it so bad if a strong raider can get into a place, loot, summon criminals, steal everything but the keys, leave all the buildings slowly burning AND THEN LEAVE WITHOUT DESTROYING THE TOWNBELL AND STEALING THE KEYS SO AS TO TRAP ALL CHARACTERS?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:59 am

The new system has a design method to cause defended waste claims to self-destruct with some reasonable level of reliability, but like with most things in Salem, those who go to extremes may still find ways to gain limited periods of defendng their siege pods. Also, in a world where the breach of walls is more readily available then the destruction of bells becomes more negotiable. I do have a system for this as well where for example a single border stone can fall each 8 hours that the siege remains going for example, and the bell would require an active siege for weeks. Keep in mind these are providence figures. Expedition #2 would be a very rapid acceleration of this entire system.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Claeyt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:10 am

JohnCarver wrote:The new system has a design method to cause defended waste claims to self-destruct with some reasonable level of reliability, but like with most things in Salem, those who go to extremes may still find ways to gain limited periods of defendng their siege pods. Also, in a world where the breach of walls is more readily available then the destruction of bells becomes more negotiable. I do have a system for this as well where for example a single border stone can fall each 8 hours that the siege remains going for example, and the bell would require an active siege for weeks. Keep in mind these are providence figures. Expedition #2 would be a very rapid acceleration of this entire system.

Well that sounds reasonable at weeks for a bell. What about the keys. One of the worst things is the key theft trap. It's the easiest way for player death during these sieges.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses