Kind Karing Kristians - Justification Thread

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Kind Karing Kristians - Justification Thread

Postby salemwutwut » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:26 am

Would be nice if being raided doesn't necessarily gets your character killed. Login to a destroyed base and you may still rebuild if you like the game enough. But if you get raided and lose your character then it's probably one less player for the game. At least in Providence.
salemwutwut

Postby matan002 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 pm

salemwutwut wrote:Would be nice if being raided doesn't necessarily gets your character killed. Login to a destroyed base and you may still rebuild if you like the game enough. But if you get raided and lose your character then it's probably one less player for the game. At least in Providence.

Log out if you're being raided? right now there are many ways to avoid death in salem and if the raiders are not willing to trap you in your own claim then you're fine.
If you're really worried that you will get raided then use an alt to check if you're being raided before you log in
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Zibens » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:38 pm

If you do not leave scents, you cannot be summoned, which leads, that you cannot be killed while being offline. I highly doubt that someone would camp you for hours(ALT abuse doesn't work now, as you gain insanity levels. Just dont do crimes, and you should be alive ;)
Zibens

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Zibens wrote:If you do not leave scents, you cannot be summoned, which leads, that you cannot be killed while being offline. I highly doubt that someone would camp you for hours(ALT abuse doesn't work now, as you gain insanity levels. Just dont do crimes, and you should be alive ;)

Not killed offline, but plenty of people are dying to logging into their claim under new ownership.

Should clarify. ..on Popham, you can be cannoned and lose a paid claim.
On both leantos and beds can be claimed over, as well as towns can eminent domain pclaims.
Tulgarath

Postby Kandarim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 pm

the point with popham is that it is a more pvp-oriented server. Providence is the implied carebear/permanent server.
then again, even on providence this can happen (belled pclaim and hostile takeover). It's only a big screw-you if you happen to be in a mine on-claim (as otherwise, you'll get the option to respawn in providence). Pro-tip in the minecase: drop a rubble boulder where you're standing and relog.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby KruskDaMangled » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Tulgarath wrote:
Zibens wrote:If you do not leave scents, you cannot be summoned, which leads, that you cannot be killed while being offline. I highly doubt that someone would camp you for hours(ALT abuse doesn't work now, as you gain insanity levels. Just dont do crimes, and you should be alive ;)

Not killed offline, but plenty of people are dying to logging into their claim under new ownership.

Should clarify. ..on Popham, you can be cannoned and lose a paid claim.
On both leantos and beds can be claimed over, as well as towns can eminent domain pclaims.

Hmm... I don't know if it killed the guy, but I did evict someone that way, yes. His little squatter bed offended my sensibilities, so I p-claimed over it, and bashed it.

Also the sheer gall of his squalid little lean-to on my very fine little patch of Newe England.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Waste claims that scale in size based on aggressor investment * duration of time siege has been allowed to exist. Towns that find themselves allowing to be encroaching by a creeping waste claim finding that their walls, braziers etc. now run a very real risk of being only a fraction of their previous power.

That is an interesting approach, yet it directly contradicts what you said about bases not being easily raidable if the owner takes a break of a few weeks.
This way, you'd just need set up a cheap waste claim with little investment and wait, if the owner is away for some time, it's free loot again.
Or if the owner(s) are not away, set up a siege town at a distance with waste claim out of mortar range protected by claimed walls, and wait for either the owners having to commit crimes again to defend themself or their defense becoming useless.
No matter how you'd "balance" it, this would make any town on providence free loot, given you got a few people and the target towns players are weaker, whereas their 100s of hours worth defense would be void.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Taipion wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Waste claims that scale in size based on aggressor investment * duration of time siege has been allowed to exist. Towns that find themselves allowing to be encroaching by a creeping waste claim finding that their walls, braziers etc. now run a very real risk of being only a fraction of their previous power.

That is an interesting approach, yet it directly contradicts what you said about bases not being easily raidable if the owner takes a break of a few weeks.
This way, you'd just need set up a cheap waste claim with little investment and wait, if the owner is away for some time, it's free loot again.
Or if the owner(s) are not away, set up a siege town at a distance with waste claim out of mortar range protected by claimed walls, and wait for either the owners having to commit crimes again to defend themself or their defense becoming useless.
No matter how you'd "balance" it, this would make any town on providence free loot, given you got a few people and the target towns players are weaker, whereas their 100s of hours worth defense would be void.

wrong.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:

wrong.

What he said is quite simple, "scaling" this does not work in the way of it not being exploitable by just using some more time to nullify any defense, or force the defender to leave a lot of scents.

So, mind to explain?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Taipion wrote:So, mind to explain?

Yes, you don't know what you are talking about
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses