Waaaaah ;(

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Mereni » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:19 pm

hamai wrote:the "economy" is for a privileged few who have stalls, or lucky thread creators who manage to break the huge wall of distrust created by lack of safe trade... some "economy" you have there

Not at all. There are plenty of trade threads in the Tradewinds of new players buying and selling. I also won't be surprised if some of the established traders put in offers to buy things like Leeches and the new special inspirationals and then resell them.
Mereni

Re: Waaaaah ;(

Postby hamai » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:20 pm

lol you're ignoring the majority of threads who fail, get no response or no feedback... people flock to a few threads for obvious safety reasons... also there is fake accusations and all that "exciting drama"(TM)
hamai

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:26 am

hamai wrote:lol you're ignoring the majority of threads who fail, get no response or no feedback... people flock to a few threads for obvious safety reasons... also there is fake accusations and all that "exciting drama"(TM)

Not knowing how to establish a trusted trader is not the same as not being able to.
DarkNacht

Postby trungdle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 am

Sounds butthurt. It is like you hate the concept of Salem in general. Darkness too dark, creatures annoy you, trading not safe leads to your failure in trade and favor trusted traders... people gives fail accusasions... everything that seems fun and unique about the game is pretty much unstandable. See where im getting?
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Mereni » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 am

It's really not difficult to become a trusted trader. Here are some tips:

1. Post on the forums a bit. Let people see that you are a real person and not a short-term alt for scamming. It also helps to be polite, I think, but if people like Heffernan can get business in a trade thread, it's clearly not necessary.

2. Offer low value things at first like brains, sinews, singing logs, leeches. People will be much more likely to take a chance on a trade of a couple dozen silver than something worth hundreds or thousands. And be willing to trade one item at a time if that's what they want. At least while you're new. You get established, you don't have to put up with nonsense.

3. Ask everyone who trades with you to give you a recommendation. Not everyone is going to remember to do that, but each one helps, especially if you managed to trade with someone who is well known.

4. Buy stuff. Chances are there's something that you need. Maybe you don't have the silver to spare and that's why this tip is last, but if you do, you'll get a lot more new customers on your trade thread if you're also buying a few things.

EDIT: 0. The most important rule should go without saying, but I'll stick it in here anyway. Never scam anyone, not even on a alt. News gets around.
Last edited by Mereni on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mereni

Postby Dallane » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:42 am

Mereni wrote:It's really not difficult to become a trusted trader. Here are some tips:

1. Post on the forums a bit. Let people see that you are a real person and not a short-term alt for scamming. It also helps to be polite, I think, but if people like Heffernan can get business in a trade thread, it's clearly not necessary.

2. Offer low value things at first like brains, sinews, singing logs, leeches. People will be much more likely to take a chance on a trade of a couple dozen silver than something worth hundreds or thousands. And be willing to trade one item at a time if that's what they want. At least while you're new. You get established, you don't have to put up with nonsense.

3. Ask everyone who trades with you to give you a recommendation. Not everyone is going to remember to do that, but each one helps, especially if you managed to trade with someone who is well known.

4. Buy stuff. Chances are there's something that you need. Maybe you don't have the silver to spare and that's why this tip is last, but if you do, you'll get a lot more new customers on your trade thread if you're also buying a few things.

This^
Getting trading rep is easy.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby trungdle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:00 am

The first thing I traded was WSS, how is that hard to trade?
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Chevas » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:55 am

ulira wrote:
Mereni wrote:Haven't we established that rats are darkness creatures?

Rats are not darkness creatures. I live 15 min from darkness and I can see tons of a rats.

I live right at the border of darkess, and I only see rats on the other (darkness) side, never in the lighter side.
Chevas

Postby trungdle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:04 am

Chevas wrote:
ulira wrote:
Mereni wrote:Haven't we established that rats are darkness creatures?

Rats are not darkness creatures. I live 15 min from darkness and I can see tons of a rats.

I live right at the border of darkess, and I only see rats on the other (darkness) side, never in the lighter side.

one of you lied, or I'm ***** up right here.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Chevas » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 am

It could be bugged that rats occasionally appear outside their set borders, or it's fairly common and intended that they do, and I've been lucky enough to not see any of them on "my side".
Chevas

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses