Biddas' Day of Sadness

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Biddas' Day of Sadness

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
colesie wrote:Word on the street is that Biddas got his **** pushed in while playing haven too ¦]

Bows2stronk

funny how Salem has Firearms but not even basic Bows and Arrows ¦]

Who needs primitive weapons when you have firearms?

This^

Anyone who wants bows and arrows needs to grow up and stop living in the past
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Xelsol » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Dallane wrote:Anyone who wants bows and arrows needs to grow up and stop living in the past

The past like... Salem around 400 years ago?
Xelsol

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Xelsol wrote:
Dallane wrote:Anyone who wants bows and arrows needs to grow up and stop living in the past

Salem is in the firearm age sir.

We stopped using bows and arrows in favor of firearms at around or before the 1600s which is when Salem is aprox set. If I remember correctly the english civil war was the very last time a English regiment used bows and arrows....it was the only one of its kind. Then there was that one crazy ******* in World War 2 who went into battle with a broadsword and bow while playing the bag pipes. That badass ended up killing himself a Nazi with the arrow.

Firearms had greater range and penetration which made for greater killing potential. They are also MUCH easier to train people in their use. Pre rifling your typical musket was not the most accurate but it did the job well especially on the battlefield when used in volleys with pike support.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Dallane wrote:
Xelsol wrote:

Salem is in the firearm age sir.

We stopped using bows and arrows in favor of firearms at around or before the 1600s which is when Salem is aprox set. If I remember correctly the english civil war was the very last time a English regiment used bows and arrows....it was the only one of its kind. Then there was that one crazy ******* in World War 2 who went into battle with a broadsword and bow while playing the bag pipes. That badass ended up killing himself a Nazi with the arrow.

Firearms had greater range and penetration which made for greater killing potential. They are also MUCH easier to train people in their use. Pre rifling your typical musket was not the most accurate but it did the job well especially on the battlefield when used in volleys with pike support.

yet we use Slingshots... :roll:
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Heffernan wrote:yet we use Slingshots... :roll:

YOU might still be using them since your last screen was a glutton score of 10.

For small game a sling is handy if you don't have a .22

I wish he could have shotguns for a boost of damage to animals.

Dallane

Postby Mereni » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Dallane wrote:We stopped using bows and arrows in favor of firearms at around or before the 1600s

For war, maybe, but bows and crossbows are popular hunting weapons to this day. And then there's the fact that bows are very quiet. I think all Salem firearms should make a loud crack when used that echoes at least to the nearby tiles.
Mereni

Postby Heffernan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Mereni wrote:
Dallane wrote:We stopped using bows and arrows in favor of firearms at around or before the 1600s

For war, maybe, but bows and crossbows are popular hunting weapons to this day. And then there's the fact that bows are very quiet. I think all Salem firearms should make a loud crack when used that echoes at least to the nearby tiles.

and attract random animals like bears ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Mereni wrote:

Thats what I was talking about for war.

Even with hunting using a bow isn't easy or ideal. It takes a long time to get good with a modern compound bow. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to be able to use a reflex. Cross bows are similar to firing a gun but still annoying. Last time i used one it landed right in front of a deer between its legs.

Man I really want to rewatch this movie now. High recommended if you don't mind it being in Spanish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alatriste

Opening fight is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSb_vZmEoE

Dallane

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Mereni wrote:

You will find that loud sounds usually make animal run away.

Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
Mereni wrote:

You will find that loud sounds usually make animal run away.

but were talking about Bears, Bears are the Chuck Norris of Animals.
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses