Biddas' Day of Sadness

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Biddas' Day of Sadness

Postby Sumdum » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:39 am

Regardless of all facts and reasons, bows are just cool. Crossbows as well. If I wanted to load and pack something for a minute straight in order to fire off a shot it sure as **** wouldn't involve a musket. #oneminuteman
Months of toil punctuated by mere minutes of happiness and ending in seconds of terror and misery which is then immediately followed by hours of drinking while searching for a new home. And we all have done this for years. Hermit life is a *****.
Sumdum

Postby Dallane » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:08 am

Sumdum wrote:Regardless of all facts and reasons, bows are just cool. Crossbows as well. If I wanted to load and pack something for a minute straight in order to fire off a shot it sure as **** wouldn't involve a musket. #oneminuteman

Clearly you never fired a musket because its almost better then BBQ
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 am

Desite its short-comings people by and large stopped using the bow and arrow and favored the musket, which is a pretty good indication that it was doing something better.
pistolshrimp

Postby KruskDaMangled » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:50 am

pistolshrimp wrote:Desite its short-comings people by and large stopped using the bow and arrow and favored the musket, which is a pretty good indication that it was doing something better.

Muskets are relatively cheap and simple to produce, and also comparatively easy to train people on. There was a long time where a good bow was objectively better than a musket. The problem is you have to start training guys to be good with bows by training their grandfathers, almost as the saying goes.

Eventually of course, guns got better.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Xelsol » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Dallane wrote:Even with hunting using a bow isn't easy or ideal.

True, but there is a skill system in Salem.

I'm not really too concerned whether we get bows or not, I'm just hoping for an upgrade to the slingshot that both can store ammo in something other than my inventory and doesn't cost silver. The damage can still be lolable, I just hate either having to fill my bags with rocks or buy ammo to kill a bunch of crickets/rabbits.
Xelsol

Postby Rololas » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Xelsol wrote: I just hate either having to fill my bags with rocks or buy ammo to kill a bunch of crickets/rabbits.,

Have you tried running after them and use stomp,cleave or rondhousekick?
It is quite effective you know...
Rololas

Postby Sumdum » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:29 pm

lol For crickets and rabbits I mean...really? About the only things I sling down are snakes :P and this is from a complete **** noob nearly. Walk after rabbits, wait for them to get within about 2 character lengths, stomp, click towards em, uppercut. Crickets, just stomp. Only need like 10 YB to manage that.
Months of toil punctuated by mere minutes of happiness and ending in seconds of terror and misery which is then immediately followed by hours of drinking while searching for a new home. And we all have done this for years. Hermit life is a *****.
Sumdum

Postby Xelsol » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Sumdum wrote:lol For crickets and rabbits I mean...really? About the only things I sling down are snakes :P and this is from a complete **** noob nearly. Walk after rabbits, wait for them to get within about 2 character lengths, stomp, click towards em, uppercut. Crickets, just stomp. Only need like 10 YB to manage that.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that an incredibly frustrating way to hunt. Hunt being the key word here. I don't think walking up to a rabbit and slamming your foot on the ground is a very efficient way to catch them. I'm not sure when it changed, or who the devs were when it happened, but they obviously didn't want that to be the hunting method, since they run away from you now.
Xelsol

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Maybe the bow should be put in place of the sling. Really, who used slings to hunt come the 17th century? Even small game was easier with a short bow. Not to mention the "poaching" aspect of using a bow. (Can't use a firearm when you're on the king's land trying to take down a deer. The wardens would be all over your ass. ;) )
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses