Justice in Providence - The Case of Lizbeth Maudney

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Justice in Providence - The Case of Lizbeth Maudney

Postby oubliette » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:10 am

P.S. - The town was littered with corpses. I moved them to their graves for you John. You're welcome. Tsk tsk.. so messy.
oubliette

Postby ericbomb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 am

I feel like we could start a drinking game, every time someone complains about a mechanic they've never used we take a drink of a beverage of our choice, if they bring up the fact that a BETA INDIE game "only" has thousands of players, we take a shot of the beverage of our choice.

Personally I think the activity will be fatal with just using water, but it sure will be fun.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:19 am

ericbomb wrote:I feel like we could start a drinking game, every time someone complains about a mechanic they've never used we take a drink of a beverage of our choice, if they bring up the fact that a BETA INDIE game "only" has thousands of players, we take a shot of the beverage of our choice.

Personally I think the activity will be fatal with just using water, but it sure will be fun.

:lol:
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TwiztidJay » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:27 am

NOTE: This Mechanic CAN cause Permadeath to both the victim AND the user under various circumstances. All those dabbling in the dark arts have been warned...... Im just going off of what I read. Like you said since I or anyone knows nothing about it how far do you wanna dabble worring you could have permadeath.
TwiztidJay

Postby ericbomb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:31 am

TwiztidJay wrote:NOTE: This Mechanic CAN cause Permadeath to both the victim AND the user under various circumstances. All those dabbling in the dark arts have been warned...... Im just going off of what I read.

The first witch ended up dead yes, as can be seen by turning on tracking in boston. It seems like using it is a lot more dangerous to the user then the victim in a lot of cases. But only by watching will we know how balanced it is. But only those who have hands on experience will have much insight I think.

ericbomb

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:31 am

TwiztidJay wrote:NOTE: This Mechanic CAN cause Permadeath to both the victim AND the user under various circumstances. All those dabbling in the dark arts have been warned...... Im just going off of what I read. Like you said since I or anyone knows nothing about it how far do you wanna dabble worring you could have permadeath.

So your argument is that players should be able to dabble in dark arts without fear of losing their characters.

No thanks.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TwiztidJay » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:38 am

Yes that is what im saying.
TwiztidJay

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:41 am

TwiztidJay wrote:Yes that is what im saying.

I think there are other games out there that might fit your play style.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Haukeye » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:47 am

JohnCarver wrote:
TwiztidJay wrote:Yes that is what im saying.

I think there are other games out there that might fit your play style.

ROFL +1
I AM Bankee
Haukeye

Postby ericbomb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:58 am

twitz I don't mean to attack you or anything but I think you need to think of this in context of the game/setting.

The name of the game is salem, in the town of salem if someone said you were a witch you were basically dead. If you ACTUALLY practiced witchcraft (like they found out you legit did that stuff) you would wish you were never born. They once tortured a man who refused to say if he was a witch or not to death, because pleading innocent or guilty would have made his children lose their inheritance. So they kept putting heavy boulders on his chest until he died.

The morale of the story is in salem there shouldn't be anything more dangerous then playing with witchcraft. It's playing not with fire, but nuclear weapons. So not only will people murder you if they know about it, but you have a good chance of getting yourself killed. If you don't like it then just stay away from it. It's not mandatory.

ericbomb

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses