Death and Taxes

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Death and Taxes

Postby Ikpeip » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Good evening Mayors of Salem,

The Tribe is pleased to announce the Providence Improvements and Maintenance Program. The Tribe will be collecting tax donations in order to help fund the Tribe's extensive public services such as:

-Law Enforcement
-New Immigrant Education
-Public Roads
-Wiki Updates
-Universal Healthcare

These completely non-compulsory donations are required from the towns on the top 10 authority list, who receive subsidies from the stall taxes collected. Towns on this list are encouraged to voluntarily donate a mere 50% of the subsidies they receive to the Tribe. As an incentive for this program, those who do not donate will be removed form the top 10 authority list.

As a pilot, we rolled this program out to Freedom first. Freedom opted not to donate, which is perfectly fine, and they won't be punished for it at all!

As a punishment, we poopclaimed their town and removed it from the top 10 list. The other towns on this top 10 list are encouraged to contact me to settle their accounts immediately.

Before:

After:

Don't be a deadbeat. Pay your taxes.
Image'

Update, 12OCT2014
Due to their failure to voluntarily donate half of their tax subsidies, the town of Freedom was poopclaimed. They broke this first poopclaim and murdered, in cold blood, an innocent 5-bile'd man by the name of "Freedom Watcher." With the aid of his son, "Freedom Watcher 2," the Tribe put up a second poopclaim... and a waste claim.

As the waste claim became active, a shady ne'er-do-well claiming to be Lachlaan was caught in the middle of committing heinous acts by Biddas the Brave, and laid low:

With the town's numerous defenders taken care of, the Braves scouted out the premises.

Before:

Quite a few braziers and two layers of walls, but... not enough. The defenses were quickly breached and the Justice began.

During:

Good people of Providence, you may sleep well tonight knowing the Tribe is enforcing law and order in this harsh new world.

After:

All in all, about 80 braziers, 35 carts, 20-30 sheds, and as many chests/crates as there are stars in the sky were destroyed. Many braziers in the outer perimeter not covering the sweet, sweet center were left standing to tell the tale.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Last edited by Ikpeip on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ikpeip

Re: Death and Taxes

Postby Yasso » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:09 pm

There we go again....
Yasso

Postby trungdle » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 pm

¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦]
Things start shaking
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Hose » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:14 pm

They miss their Treaty Money :lol:
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Heffernan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:17 pm

if it goes about finally getting you guys Mental Healthcare, id be gladly donating ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Hose » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:19 pm

If they ONLY update the wiki when they get money.. im willing to make my own wiki
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Ukhata » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Ikpeip wrote:
As a pilot, we rolled this program out to Freedom first. Freedom opted not to donate, which is perfectly fine, and they won't be punished for it at all!

As a punishment, we poopclaimed their town and removed it from the top 10 list. The other towns on this top 10 list are encouraged to contact me to settle their accounts immediately.

wait...
they wont be punished at all

as a punishment...

you are being contradictory...
Ukhata

Postby Ikpeip » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Ukhata wrote:wait...

as a punishment...

That doesn't sound like me. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Ikpeip wrote:Good evening Mayors of Salem,

The Tribe is pleased to announce the Providence Improvements and Maintenance Program. The Tribe will be collecting tax donations in order to help fund the Tribe's extensive public services such as:

-Law Enforcement
-New Immigrant Education
-Public Roads
-Wiki Updates
-Universal Healthcare

These completely non-compulsory donations are required from the towns on the top 10 authority list, who receive subsidies from the stall taxes collected. Towns on this list are encouraged to voluntarily donate a mere 50% of the subsidies they receive to the Tribe. As an incentive for this program, those who do not donate will be removed form the top 10 authority list.

Before:

After:

Don't be a deadbeat. Pay your taxes.
Image'

Faithfully,

-PmP

:lol:
Rifmaster

Postby Ukhata » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Ikpeip wrote:
Ukhata wrote:wait...

as a punishment...

That doesn't sound like me. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

Faithfully,

-PmP

erm.. you are missing this?
really?

wont, as in will not be punished, so as a punishment...
they will not be hit so we hit them...

thats called contradictory...
Ukhata

Next

Return to House of Burgesses