Stall Sales Competition

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Stall Sales Competition

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm

lachlaan wrote:Nobody's saying it wasn't legit. If the loophole was there it's because it was allowed. And while the guys that won did so legitimately, and kudos to them for doing so, the loophole still killed the fun of the race. Everyone was overtaking one another and then boom, game over xD

This is why Salem cannot have nice things.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kandarim » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Spazzmaticus wrote:This might be off-topic, but what other player specific statistics are being kept? Do you keep track of, for instance, number of items sold to vendors or number of rabbits killed? Would be interesting to know.

Which Item interests you?

i want to know how many nails pilgrim sold during the competition.
It sucks that the competition was won in this way, I thought it was a rather interesting competition.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby LOMS » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:13 am

Kandarim wrote:It sucks that the competition was won in this way, I thought it was a rather interesting competition.

Well, at least I've warned them before I do... 20 days ago.

But His Majesty... Keep going, he said. I double dog dare you, he said.
LOMS

Postby Inotdead » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:53 am

Seems like a fair game to me, especially since it was pointed out long ago, and no preventive action was taken.

Makes it a competition between people, not between game characters.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Major kudos to LOMS. And a well executed strategy indeed. Let me recap what I think he did.

1. As the mayor of rustatorium he's been collecting 20-35% of the shared tax revenues since the patch. That is roughly 40-70k silver.

2. He bought the 100k stall with only a 10% tax.

3. He spent 250k on turkey droppings but really only lost 25k to taxes. In fact because he now owns the largest town he got a ~5k silver rebate give or take.

4. So in reality he paid 20k silver for $50 of store credit.

Was it worth it? Well the most valuable store item for the money is springs which go at about 500-600s each. So LOMS can get ~50 springs worth 30k silver. So all that work for about a 10k silver profit.

Congrats.
RonPaulFTW

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses