Questions about base defence

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Questions about base defence

Postby colesie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:02 am

Gromar wrote:How about the point that raiders can just build braizers (leave empty), to reduce the damage of my own braziers? ][is this not valid anymore?]

Lol
Lol
Lol

Can you actually do this?
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:25 am

colesie wrote:
Gromar wrote:How about the point that raiders can just build braizers (leave empty), to reduce the damage of my own braziers? ][is this not valid anymore?]

Lol
Lol
Lol

yup!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ass_Kraken » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 am

colesie wrote:

Lol
Lol
Lol

MECHANICS
Ass_Kraken

Postby Mereni » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:23 am

Yeah, but maybe it'll get better when the PvP patch comes in a couple months. Let's hope. At least for now the defenses are so OP even the reduction of brazier spamming doesn't make it easy, just barely possible.
Mereni

Postby colesie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Mereni wrote:Yeah, but maybe it'll get better when the PvP patch comes in a couple months. Let's hope. At least for now the defenses are so OP even the reduction of brazier spamming doesn't make it easy, just barely possible.

Why aren't you using your official posting account ((((
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Cheena » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 pm

colesie wrote:
Mereni wrote:Yeah, but maybe it'll get better when the PvP patch comes in a couple months. Let's hope. At least for now the defenses are so OP even the reduction of brazier spamming doesn't make it easy, just barely possible.

Why aren't you using your official posting account ((((

Because we are in House of Burgesses and she had nothing to moderate. That's actually called roleplay ! I mean devs aren't supposed to be trying to attack us... :mrgreen:
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby KruskDaMangled » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:31 pm

To comment on the issue of deceit and betrayal as a means of cracking a defense, that IS one of the more successful ways of doing it historically, but we should really incline more or less completely to gameplay, not history. Because Historically, sieges were really dull and went on for months or years and were unhealthy for everyone involved. Having to constantly hang out in an unhealthy area and have your character get diseases and die is not fun.

On another note, when it comes to the scents and Crime, I almost want some means of character punishment that's not as "bad" as losing the character permanently, but still hurts. Like, the Pilgrims occasionally arrested people, and imprisioned them locally, or sent them to England. I figure you could do that, and put a given character out of the game for some period, but not kill them. They might lose some stats if they didn't pony up for jail expenses. (Yes, you paid for a lot of stuff then.) This would of course, involve some reward , maybe even more of a reward than for scalping. You have to deal with that character again, but you get more money for bringing them to Justice. They might of course, not appreciate your decision and instead kill you later, if they get the chance.

The other way of doing it is through brute force and numbers, which can be done now, although it's potentially costly, and obviously more costly than is strictly worth it against a good defense.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Feone » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm

KruskDaMangled wrote:To comment on the issue of deceit and betrayal as a means of cracking a defense, that IS one of the more successful ways of doing it historically, but we should really incline more or less completely to gameplay, not history. Because Historically, sieges were really dull and went on for months or years and were unhealthy for everyone involved. Having to constantly hang out in an unhealthy area and have your character get diseases and die is not fun.

On another note, when it comes to the scents and Crime, I almost want some means of character punishment that's not as "bad" as losing the character permanently, but still hurts. Like, the Pilgrims occasionally arrested people, and imprisioned them locally, or sent them to England. I figure you could do that, and put a given character out of the game for some period, but not kill them. They might lose some stats if they didn't pony up for jail expenses. (Yes, you paid for a lot of stuff then.) This would of course, involve some reward , maybe even more of a reward than for scalping. You have to deal with that character again, but you get more money for bringing them to Justice. They might of course, not appreciate your decision and instead kill you later, if they get the chance.

The other way of doing it is through brute force and numbers, which can be done now, although it's potentially costly, and obviously more costly than is strictly worth it against a good defense.

I posted a suggestion for something like this a while back, search for prison.

The basic idea was to make it easier to capture enemies to use as slave labour. The system I proposed was rather complicated though, perhaps being able to pick up & move KOed players would be enough to make makeshift prisons in the current system. Doubt it'll do much about the bloodlust of the masses though. Killing is by far the easiest and quickest way to ensure someone never bugs you again.
Feone

Postby KruskDaMangled » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:34 pm

[/quote]

I posted a suggestion for something like this a while back, search for prison.

The basic idea was to make it easier to capture enemies to use as slave labour. The system I proposed was rather complicated though, perhaps being able to pick up & move KOed players would be enough to make makeshift prisons in the current system. Doubt it'll do much about the bloodlust of the masses though. Killing is by far the easiest and quickest way to ensure someone never bugs you again.[/quote]

I saw that, I was thinking more of a non player run thing. And the benefit of it would be that you don't leave a murder scent, and you potentially get more money. Especially useful if the situation never involved deadly violence or the threat of that in the first place.

The idea of them maybe paying money in someway either as a purely punitive thing, or something that also benefited the victim would sidestep the issue of making the imprisoned character work. They could just pony up money they had in their bank or purse, or get a friend or alt to bring money.
KruskDaMangled

Postby kai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:28 am

Perhaps we can have the options of ransoming a person alongside killing. so you can click to ask a fee or their land. if they pay up they are ported to boston.

Base defense seems quite safe for now unless you annoy someone too much and they bring a gang to trash the place. i do not think this is such a bad thing. would prefer that the more suspect ways, like the empty braziers to be removed. At the moment i am looking at my walls as just giving me that few seconds i need to flee. if we had a tower and a catapult to try fight back also giving lower biled characters a chance that could be good fun.
kai

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses