Questions about base defence

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Questions about base defence

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:27 am

Frakked wrote:I quit tearing fields...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DarkNacht

Postby Thor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:40 am

Heh it seems you got Frakked to that tear harvesting environment in world record time JC, you already managed to stop him from tiering! From tiering to tearing I'd say..
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby ImpalerWrG » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:04 am

JohnCarver wrote:
ImpalerWrG wrote:
It was obviously a Brick wall from the pictures provided, but I would not be surprised if it required metal too, especial the posts.

It dose seem a bit contradictory for JC to say deference is OP and to then release a stronger wall, maybe we are jumping the gun to presume it is stronger.

I'm simply of the mindset that there is no harm in adding a super duper unbreakable wall of doom when there are already super duper unbreakable bases.

Instead, I find value in giving you guys the tools to protect yourselves for the upcoming patch where your braziers, and defenses are infinitely more balanced to a healthy raiding and tear-harvesting environment.

Stronger walls + Weaker Braziers would probably harvest more tears but I don't see it producing 'raids' aka small tit-for-tat attacks. I see it increasing the emphasis on leveling everything to the ground once you break through the wall and get into the gooey middle. I certainly hope that Arson system comes out at the same time as this Brazier rework.
ImpalerWrG

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:27 am

ImpalerWrG wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
ImpalerWrG wrote:
It was obviously a Brick wall from the pictures provided, but I would not be surprised if it required metal too, especial the posts.

It dose seem a bit contradictory for JC to say deference is OP and to then release a stronger wall, maybe we are jumping the gun to presume it is stronger.

I'm simply of the mindset that there is no harm in adding a super duper unbreakable wall of doom when there are already super duper unbreakable bases.

Instead, I find value in giving you guys the tools to protect yourselves for the upcoming patch where your braziers, and defenses are infinitely more balanced to a healthy raiding and tear-harvesting environment.

Stronger walls + Weaker Braziers would probably harvest more tears but I don't see it producing 'raids' aka small tit-for-tat attacks. I see it increasing the emphasis on leveling everything to the ground once you break through the wall and get into the gooey middle. I certainly hope that Arson system comes out at the same time as this Brazier rework.
Cannons will probably make walls easier to break down even if they take more damage. It will also depend on what they do with pera-damage.
DarkNacht

Postby Binks » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 am

Frakked wrote:Well I actually look forward to Raiding again...

You have never raided anyone. I'm willing to put money on it that you don't fully understand the mechanics behind braziers and torch posts work.
Binks

Postby Trenial » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:09 am

Binks wrote:

You have never raided anyone. I'm willing to put money on it that you don't fully understand the mechanics behind braziers and torch posts work.

Im with you Binks, I do not recall Frakked having ever done anything than hide in the darkness and look for lime and **** on Roanoke. He never joined me and Willy either. Let alone done anything this Age. :?:
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Trenial wrote:
Binks wrote:

Im with you Binks, I do not recall Frakked having ever done anything than hide in the darkness and look for lime and **** on Roanoke. He never joined me and Willy either. Let alone done anything this Age. :?:

He is a retard. Disregard his post from outside boston
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Trenial » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Dallane wrote:He is a retard. Disregard his post from outside boston

it must be hard story telling from outside Boston these days ¦]
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Gromar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
colesie wrote:Do bases feel safe enough yet?

too safe.

Hm I do not feel save, reading about all the successful kills WITHIN a base.

JohnCarver wrote:
colesie wrote:Also what would the current building style to defend your place look like now?

One layer of all wall types + a brazier every 20 or so tiles.

How about the point that raiders can just build braizers (leave empty), to reduce the damage of my own braziers? ][is this not valid anymore?]
Would it not make sense to have like 100 braziers instead, as any new braziers would not really matter much for the damage decrease anymore?

Actually to my mind a Base HAS to be save, or pride the feeling of beeing save. A single character should hardly be able to overpower a normal base setting. A group might be different though.
Just my opinion as I do not think 1 person should be able to destroy several month of hard work in a blink.
Gromar

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Gromar wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
colesie wrote:Do bases feel safe enough yet?

too safe.

Hm I do not feel save, reading about all the successful kills WITHIN a base.

JohnCarver wrote:
colesie wrote:Also what would the current building style to defend your place look like now?

One layer of all wall types + a brazier every 20 or so tiles.

How about the point that raiders can just build braizers (leave empty), to reduce the damage of my own braziers? ][is this not valid anymore?]
Would it not make sense to have like 100 braziers instead, as any new braziers would not really matter much for the damage decrease anymore?

Actually to my mind a Base HAS to be save, or pride the feeling of beeing save. A single character should hardly be able to overpower a normal base setting. A group might be different though.
Just my opinion as I do not think 1 person should be able to destroy several month of hard work in a blink.

Bases are currently very safe if you build the correctly and don't let people that will kill you in to them.
The best defense for the amount of effort put into it is to build small walled of clusters for braziers, I go with batteries of 4.
Once you have a town bell and good defenses you will feel safe and currently 1 person raiding, against well built bases, would be very risky even in you have the top humours on the server, unless you let that person have access to you're base.
DarkNacht

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses