Questions about base defence

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Questions about base defence

Postby colesie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Just wondering how people feel base defence is now since the new world and the food changes

I haven't played nearly enough this world so I don't know what is considered "high" for a character at the moment.
Do bases still feel like paperdolls? Or do people actually leave scents who aren't the tribe these days

Do bases feel safe enough yet?
Also what would the current building style to defend your place look like now?
Treewalls still a thing? Still alternating wall types to avoid splash damage etc?

And also I was reading how metals may not be as needed for braziers anymore because less are needed.
How many braziers would you need these days?
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Re: Questions about base defence

Postby alagar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:04 am

Braziers do triple damage if they are alone in their damage area, so bases are OP.

And about the biles, people are thinking its insane someone with 300 biles.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:06 am

colesie wrote:Just wondering how people feel base defence is now since the new world and the food changes

I haven't played nearly enough this world so I don't know what is considered "high" for a character at the moment.
Do bases still feel like paperdolls? Or do people actually leave scents who aren't the tribe these days

Bases are OP and broken. Nobody is leaving scents but Tribe as a result. And their abilities seem drastically diminished as a result.

colesie wrote:Do bases feel safe enough yet?

too safe.
colesie wrote:Also what would the current building style to defend your place look like now?

One layer of all wall types + a brazier every 20 or so tiles.
colesie wrote:Treewalls still a thing? Still alternating wall types to avoid splash damage etc?

no. Trees cannot be planted next to each other.
colesie wrote:And also I was reading how metals may not be as needed for braziers anymore because less are needed.
How many braziers would you need these days?

1-5.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby AmmaBoss » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:17 am

Lots of people are leaving scent since Bases are OP.
AmmaBoss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:21 am

AmmaBoss wrote:Lots of people are leaving scent since Bases are OP.

Well sure, I suppose it is true that scents are high on undefended claims and noobs because leaving a scent causes no risk. Scents against defended bases are not a thing since its unreasonable to break into one under the current system.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Frakked » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:09 am

JC- shame on you man...

Didn't you already mention in your September teaser than a new wall type was coming out?

JC didn't say if it was a greater or less type to what is already buildable... my money is on something metal... more expensive than plank... and even greater... but it's anyone's guess until patch notes come out.
Frakked

Postby ImpalerWrG » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:06 am

Frakked wrote:JC didn't say if it was a greater or less type to what is already buildable... my money is on something metal... more expensive than plank... and even greater... but it's anyone's guess until patch notes come out.

It was obviously a Brick wall from the pictures provided, but I would not be surprised if it required metal too, especial the posts.

It dose seem a bit contradictory for JC to say deference is OP and to then release a stronger wall, maybe we are jumping the gun to presume it is stronger.
ImpalerWrG

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:09 am

ImpalerWrG wrote:
It was obviously a Brick wall from the pictures provided, but I would not be surprised if it required metal too, especial the posts.

It dose seem a bit contradictory for JC to say deference is OP and to then release a stronger wall, maybe we are jumping the gun to presume it is stronger.

I'm simply of the mindset that there is no harm in adding a super duper unbreakable wall of doom when there are already super duper unbreakable bases.

Instead, I find value in giving you guys the tools to protect yourselves for the upcoming patch where your braziers, and defenses are infinitely more balanced to a healthy raiding and tear-harvesting environment.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Frakked » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:13 am

JohnCarver wrote:
I'm simply of the mindset that there is no harm in adding a super duper unbreakable wall of doom when there are already super duper unbreakable bases.

Instead, I find value in giving you guys the tools to protect yourselves for the upcoming patch where your braziers, and defenses are infinitely more balanced to a healthy raiding and tear-harvesting environment.

Interesting statement "healthy raiding and tear-havesting environment"

Well I actually look forward to Raiding again... or trying too. I won't be anyone's target for great long while. For the rest... comes it comes... I quit tearing fields... waiting for patch notes.
Frakked

Postby er-queent8r » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 am

Frakked wrote:JC- shame on you man...

Didn't you already mention in your September teaser than a new wall type was coming out?

JC didn't say if it was a greater or less type to what is already buildable... my money is on something metal... more expensive than plank... and even greater... but it's anyone's guess until patch notes come out.

Gobble Gobble
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Next

Return to House of Burgesses