Iron

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Iron

Postby Judaism » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:46 am

Iron nowadays is not something with alot of value, you don't have to build 300 braziers and before that was the main purpose of iron. Iron is only good for lockets now.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Chaczins » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Tammer wrote:Just sell it in the temporary stall.
Or spend your time doing something else. Nobody's going to buy iron for 100s no matter how nicely you ask.

Thats the point. Prices are given to us from stalls. If i can sell 2 bars (in halberd) to a stall for 75, nobody will ever sell 1 bar for less than 30 silver. That's a madness to sell it cheaper. BUT if stall would pay 200 for halberd, then nobody would sell bar cheaper then 100 :)
Call me Spencer.
Chaczins

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeah it will be nice when the temp stall changes and iron can go to its natural price without this artificial price inflation.
DarkNacht

Postby Orcling » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:05 am

DarkNacht wrote:artificial price inflation.

It's the goddamn opposite. They are complaining about iron among being worth LESS, and people have more and more silver to spend. Because right now, It is very easy to make a lot of silver in very little time.
Orcling

Postby ImpalerWrG » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 am

Price support would be the better term, and we seem to be relying on it, ~30 for a bar, ~6 for a Nail is what were seeing in forums. Heck even some 5s Nails are out their presumably from people who can't make the Halberd but want to monetize their Iron grind.
ImpalerWrG

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:54 am

ImpalerWrG wrote:Price support would be the better term, and we seem to be relying on it, ~30 for a bar, ~6 for a Nail is what were seeing in forums. Heck even some 5s Nails are out their presumably from people who can't make the Halberd but want to monetize their Iron grind.

Just sell something else, the problem is that Iron is too easy to make to justify even its current price, without significantly more demand or less supply, and will likely continue to drop in price if the stalls stop buying it, unless there is a use for significantly larger amounts of it. If fewer people saw Iron as a easy way to make lots of silver, the market flood would end, and the price wouldn't fall so quickly.
DarkNacht

Postby ImpalerWrG » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

How do people think Iron could be made harder to get? Simply upping the time on a smelter would be easy to do but I think people will just run more smelters to compensate. The Mine->Crush->Smelt loop is just so amenable to optimization when you have Iron and lime very close together and use an ore crusher and you can just walk away during a most of the process. If you had to be present more during these processes it would be more demanding of time, but also really boring.
ImpalerWrG

Postby Feone » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:57 pm

ImpalerWrG wrote:How do people think Iron could be made harder to get? Simply upping the time on a smelter would be easy to do but I think people will just run more smelters to compensate. The Mine->Crush->Smelt loop is just so amenable to optimization when you have Iron and lime very close together and use an ore crusher and you can just walk away during a most of the process. If you had to be present more during these processes it would be more demanding of time, but also really boring.

I don't think iron should be made harder. Too much basic stuff that needs it.

I'm all for adding more types of metal though. Steel and other refined alloys seem like a good possibility. These could be made requiring more time, resources and infrastructure.
Feone

Postby RonPaulFTW » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:10 pm

I suspect the wall hinted at in the teaser will require iron.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Potjeh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:21 pm

If the iron market is oversaturated, just don't bother getting into it rather than asking for devs to somehow boost the price. Find another good to sell.
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses