Monthy Exploitation of the Uninformed..

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Monthy Exploitation of the Uninformed..

Postby Frakked » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:03 am

These monthly events are a joke and a travesty.

Need to stop.

The winners were picked out long ago and the general public participation is only meant to give everyone else the sense of contribution... but seriously... nobody but the picked winners had any hope of winning.

I take the gold bar challenge in particular. After new Devs gave Tribe fertile turkeys they offered up a contest that only those with fertile turkeys currently in their possession could possibly win. They gave everyone a chance to contribute... play the game via fertile **** give-away... but that's nothing against an actual source of stuff.

This latest travesty... the dock fight... only Tribe is pushing 3-400 biles... who is going to win this one? Tribe will of course. Another gimme to dominant faction...which Devs surely knew of before they even created the event.

It's mindless BS... I think they are created to keep Tribe involved. Devs are doing more and more to erode their dominance... if Tribe didn't have a means to Lord it over the 'pilgrims'... on a daily basis...they'd quit.

(I have heard such grumbles already)

Stop creating events that only one faction could possibly win... and start listening to the community... vs paying out to one faction.

I may or may not show up tomorrow... honestly the chance to take a cruise on a boat with scantily clad ladies in 100F weather is a serious temptation...

Regardless... Devs need to make contests accessible to the max number of folks... and exclude those who will obviously win with no help at all.

Devs want to shower Tribe with gifts? Then they are out of all contests. They won already by getting the perks before anyone else... gifting them again with winning a contest only they could win at the general public's expense is a slap in the face of everyone who attempted to participate.

Instead of making us feel like we had a chance... you've basically said Tribe is all you need...and the rest of us are window dressing...

Right?

You can make money and be happy with only Tribe members and nobody else? So it's isn't so... PROVE IT!
Last edited by Frakked on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frakked

Re: Monthy Exploitation of the Uninformed..

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:07 am

Oh hi there.

Welcome back.

Please tell me more about why a server of 2700 people cannot defeat a group of 5 in an arranged and contained pvp event?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Frakked » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:10 am

Tribe only has the loyalty of 5 people.

How do you know this?

And what matter...

PS - you must be Tribe yourself. I was respectful when I PM's you. I asked you not to acknowledge me going forward... but you keep doing it. You are as bad as Brona... Tribe wanting me gone from the game.

I'm tempted to give it to you... or perhaps I'll just troll the forums henceforth. Surely I'll convince a few to never play again?! Bastard.

OH... and explain this: Registered users: AmmaBoss, Bing [Bot], Frakked, Google [Bot], JohnCarver, LOMS, Nimmeth, RyanS77, gazny, kingwint92

Thought you were getting rid of bots...not acknowledging them?!
Last edited by Frakked on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frakked

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:15 am

Ummmm... There were only 5 Tribe players or less from what I could tell at all the previous halberd events.

Glad to see you're sticking around.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Binks » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:17 am

Welcome back frakked glad you decided to stick it out!
Binks

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:18 am

God you are ***** stupid frakked
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:18 am

Frakked wrote:OH... and explain this: Registered users: AmmaBoss, Bing [Bot], Frakked, Google [Bot], JohnCarver, LOMS, Nimmeth, RyanS77, gazny, kingwint92

Bing Bot and google Bot currently both have over 1,000 Humors on the server and have built entire walls out of windmills. I tried to close them down but they keep redirecting me to the most popular search results every time I do. I'm still investigating a solution.

¦]

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:24 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Frakked wrote:OH... and explain this: Registered users: AmmaBoss, Bing [Bot], Frakked, Google [Bot], JohnCarver, LOMS, Nimmeth, RyanS77, gazny, kingwint92

Bing Bot and google Bot currently both have over 1,000 Humors on the server and have built entire walls out of windmills. I tried to close them down but they keep redirecting me to the most popular search results every time I do. I'm still investigating a solution.

¦]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby AmmaBoss » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:

¦]

LOL :lol: :lol: ¦]
AmmaBoss

Postby Frakked » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:31 am

JohnCarver wrote:

¦]

I recently got this spam email: Date: 08/22/2014 - Sender: "Monster Learning" <MonsterLearning@4e1go39.hismorefinishedworks.in>
Subject: DEGREE INFO: Earn The Degree You Need To Succeed

In fact I just learned Monster Hunting... very curious... almost as if it was pulling information from the game to create spam... which only leads me to wonder what is is being pulled from the game? I have bought silver in the past... do I need to worry about my credit card info... or paypal account?

Is Salem an open book for hackers?
Last edited by Frakked on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frakked

Next

Return to House of Burgesses