I have lost

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: I have lost

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 am

Michael wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Michael wrote:I'm actually debating quitting for awhile right now. Looking at the pvp scene, it seems that the normal person can't be competitive in pvp without becoming a no lifer. It takes a stupid amount of time to get biles over 100, and then you can lose that character to someone that has their biles over 200 just like that. I'm starting to not see a point in this game anymore. No one is willing to work together out of fear of being backstabbed.

Thats not true

Can I join your town then?!? o.0
Pretty Please!

OMG YES YOU CAN
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:26 am

Michael wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Michael wrote:I'm actually debating quitting for awhile right now. Looking at the pvp scene, it seems that the normal person can't be competitive in pvp without becoming a no lifer. It takes a stupid amount of time to get biles over 100, and then you can lose that character to someone that has their biles over 200 just like that. I'm starting to not see a point in this game anymore. No one is willing to work together out of fear of being backstabbed.

Thats not true

Can I join your town then?!? o.0
Pretty Please!

Just because you are having a hard time finding a town does not mean people are not working together.
DarkNacht

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:33 am

Michael wrote: Looking at the pvp scene

I'm not sure where you are looking but given that any group of friends could form a musket firing squad and take out any character on the server. I'm not sure I can form any kind of sympathy for your concerns.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Trenial » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:45 am

JohnCarver wrote:

I'm not sure where you are looking but given that any group of friends could form a musket firing squad and take out any character on the server I'm not sure I can form any kind of sympathy for your concerns.

Hint hint
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 am

Blood wrote:If you were in any sort of business or made anything for people to use you would know that they have to make a product to be friendly to users to play while balancing it against the main themes of this game and making it financially viable at the same time, a lot to accomplish for a permadeath game. Also please remind me of the brain dead way to glut and gain skills past 150 200 300 etc because to me that's a lot of calculations and permutations to work out to find an optimal solution (eg 100 perenial skill and not using 100% purity bars).

I fully agree with this. I left because the farming/etc updates of loftar in the end was just getting insane. I love them and still support their craft, but honestly, they did not listen or care. They have a team of two and could not work as fast as we wished they could. MM Inc is the reason I started playing again. I saw the posts about the take over. I then saw the first update and was amazed by not only how much their team accomplished in such a short amount of time, but also how well thought out everything was. They are truly trying to balance, what was, a very imbalanced game. They were also listening to everyone's opinions and ideas. The second update just confirmed that they are taking this very serious. I am excited once again at the direction Salem is now going. I just wish I had more time to play now. :D
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby Binks » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:59 am

TotalyMeow wrote:He recently kidnapped one of the artists and locked him in a basement. Expect many new 3d models in the near future.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't wait to see the new stuff!

JinxDevona wrote:I fully agree with this. I left because the farming/etc updates of loftar in the end was just getting insane. I love them and still support their craft, but honestly, they did not listen or care. They have a team of two and could not work as fast as we wished they could. MM Inc is the reason I started playing again. I saw the posts about the take over. I then saw the first update and was amazed by not only how much their team accomplished in such a short amount of time, but also how well thought out everything was. They are truly trying to balance, what was, a very imbalanced game. They were also listening to everyone's opinions and ideas. The second update just confirmed that they are taking this very serious. I am excited once again at the direction Salem is now going. I just wish I had more time to play now. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't agree more with Jinx. The new dev team seems very passionate about the game. I especially love the idea of them doing gm events. I look forward to seeing more of that stuff in the future!
Binks

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:59 am

JesusCarver wrote:

I'm not sure where you are looking but given that any group of friends could form a musket firing squad and take out any character on the server. I'm not sure I can form any kind of sympathy for your concerns.

Thank you for the suggestion great JesusCarver! I must admit that i haven't fully tested the new fire-arm combat mechanics since they were rather under powered previous to the new combat patch. Having an entire group equipped with rifles is something i'll try and do now. PRAISE!
Michael

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:03 am

Michael wrote:Thank you for the suggestion great JesusCarver! I must admit that i haven't fully tested the new fire-arm combat mechanics since they were rather under powered previous to the new combat patch. Having an entire group equipped with rifles is something i'll try and do now. PRAISE!

It should be noted that it is statistically possible for a single bullet to kill any player on the server. The odds of this happening are near astronomical though with the averages and highest probable outcome being a player can take no more than 4-5 bullets. Given that bullets are % base of HP this is regardless of Biles. A 10,000 to all player more times than not falls to 5 bullets the same as a 5 humor character.

Guns are your equalizer. They are still slow, hard to aim, hard to reload, and limited in use. But every player must respect a group armed with them regardless of the humor gap.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Trenial » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Michael wrote:Thank you for the suggestion great JesusCarver! I must admit that i haven't fully tested the new fire-arm combat mechanics since they were rather under powered previous to the new combat patch. Having an entire group equipped with rifles is something i'll try and do now. PRAISE!

It should be noted that it is statistically possible for a single bullet to kill any player on the server. The odds of this happening are near astronomical though with the averages and highest probable outcome being a player can take no more than 4-5 bullets. Given that bullets are % base of HP this is regardless of Biles. A 10,000 to all player more times than not falls to 5 bullets the same as a 5 humor character.

Guns are your equalizer. They are still slow, hard to aim, hard to reload, and limited in use. But every player must respect a group armed with them regardless of the humor gap.

What regulates this %, or its weighted %? A prof? Or jsut YB?
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby KruskDaMangled » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:06 pm

I think it's fixed, and it drains a fixed percentage of your yellow bile, which is a tradeoff you make because when they get all up in your face after having been shot, you have less yellow bile to fight them with.

Also, it has a snare effect. So a vengeful mob of villagers facing a marauder who's trying to use his mobility to fight all of them more effectively or run, might be in trouble if he gets snared, and several of them shoot him all at once.
KruskDaMangled

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses