I have lost

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: I have lost

Postby Zapt13 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:37 am

I'm presently out of town in a place where my connectivity is questionable. As such I'm unable to play except to log in periodically and pay my upkeeps. For this reason I've been unable to experience any of the latest content.

The new content is overwhelming to me. Not so long ago a player expected that his/her main character would be reasonably proficient in all things and have everything unlocked. I foresaw having a farming alt who's Inspiration was used on S&C, or a carpentry alt who's Inspiration was uses on H&N, but it wasn't necessary. I don't know that it's necessary now, but with the wildly expanding content I have realized that for what I'm willing to commit to this game I will never be proficient in everything ever again. It was a sad day when I realized this, but it was freeing in a way also. JC wrote something about doing what you enjoy recently, and that's what I've been given the freedom to do. I like grinding out crops and a garden. These mechanics may be changing and I'll have some learning to do, but if the farming profession becomes as deep as the entire game was under Seatribe, I've got plenty to look forward to. Enjoying this game doesn't start with mastering all skills, it can be whatever makes you happy, and I look forward to being a happy farmer.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Judaism » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:51 am

More B/S on HOB
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:55 am

Zapt13 wrote:I'm presently out of town in a place where my connectivity is questionable. As such I'm unable to play except to log in periodically and pay my upkeeps. For this reason I've been unable to experience any of the latest content.

The new content is overwhelming to me. Not so long ago a player expected that his/her main character would be reasonably proficient in all things and have everything unlocked. I foresaw having a farming alt who's Inspiration was used on S&C, or a carpentry alt who's Inspiration was uses on H&N, but it wasn't necessary. I don't know that it's necessary now, but with the wildly expanding content I have realized that for what I'm willing to commit to this game I will never be proficient in everything ever again. It was a sad day when I realized this, but it was freeing in a way also. JC wrote something about doing what you enjoy recently, and that's what I've been given the freedom to do. I like grinding out crops and a garden. These mechanics may be changing and I'll have some learning to do, but if the farming profession becomes as deep as the entire game was under Seatribe, I've got plenty to look forward to. Enjoying this game doesn't start with mastering all skills, it can be whatever makes you happy, and I look forward to being a happy farmer.

This is a very good mentality and outlook to have. We do hope we can get the game to a place where all professions can feel like their own game and feel. It will be pretty important for players to realize that we were serious when we said that we did not intend for the average player to be and do everything in the game.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Procne » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 am

Frakked wrote:I get what poster is complaining about in a way... it's what convinced me to 'attempt' to move on.

It's not that the game is hard; it's no longer practical to play alone.

I can easily call this last patch- "Death of the solo player". Nobody can be all professions and have a 40-50 hour week job, study, and still be competitive. Impossible. Might be a few hard core players that weren't hurt badly with the updates; but casual players were screwed.

Take in the backstabbing, infiltrations, etc mentality that weaves through this community on a daily basis...it's almost impossible to recruit folks. The population is up... but not enough. It's why I disappeared. Sure I'm back; but my attachment to the game is much reduced. Play here and there... and end game is no longer a goal.

This could easily have been my last testament too...

For everyone who posts... there's another 10 who just quit and walked away without a word.

Right now the most advanced skills are not "must have" stuff. You can play without them. Sure, you might be unable to butcher argopelter or sew some of the best cloths. But you still are able to build your base, make food and inspirationals. And the few advanced items you can't make you can trade for. And it's like that in every MMO - there is some basic content doable solo. And then there's end game content reserved for multiplayer
Procne

Postby MrGemini » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:55 am

Bye Sir. See ya next world :)
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Postby alagar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:39 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Trenial wrote:I don't know how John and them sleep at night.

He recently kidnapped one of the artists and locked him in a basement, i can hear the yells from the kichen.

Omg chief left the prison about 1 month and is already doing this things again?
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Trenial » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

alagar wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:
Trenial wrote:I don't know how John and them sleep at night.

He recently kidnapped one of the artists and locked him in a basement, i can hear the yells from the kichen.

Omg chief left the prison about 1 month and is already doing this things again?

He was doing this inside the prison
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:18 am

I'm actually debating quitting for awhile right now. Looking at the pvp scene, it seems that the normal person can't be competitive in pvp without becoming a no lifer. It takes a stupid amount of time to get biles over 100, and then you can lose that character to someone that has their biles over 200 just like that. I'm starting to not see a point in this game anymore. No one is willing to work together out of fear of being backstabbed.
Michael

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:20 am

Michael wrote:I'm actually debating quitting for awhile right now. Looking at the pvp scene, it seems that the normal person can't be competitive in pvp without becoming a no lifer. It takes a stupid amount of time to get biles over 100, and then you can lose that character to someone that has their biles over 200 just like that. I'm starting to not see a point in this game anymore. No one is willing to work together out of fear of being backstabbed.

Thats not true
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 am

Dallane wrote:
Michael wrote:I'm actually debating quitting for awhile right now. Looking at the pvp scene, it seems that the normal person can't be competitive in pvp without becoming a no lifer. It takes a stupid amount of time to get biles over 100, and then you can lose that character to someone that has their biles over 200 just like that. I'm starting to not see a point in this game anymore. No one is willing to work together out of fear of being backstabbed.

Thats not true

Can I join your town then?!? o.0
Pretty Please!
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses