Death

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Death

Postby Kaios » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm

So implement a policy stating anyone who takes the risks of sharing their account information with another person will not have any right to complain should that person decide they want to "steal" it.

Kind of seems like a dumb idea to start implementing such a rule now and really in this type of game where account sharing can actually be helpful for those people who may have lost a character for whatever reason and they have a friend who has an account where he just builds up alts and allows that person to use the character(s). That's just one example though, I'm sure there's other reasons.
Kaios

Postby thais » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Kaios wrote:So implement a policy stating anyone who takes the risks of sharing their account information with another person will not have any right to complain should that person decide they want to "steal" it.

Kind of seems like a dumb idea to start implementing such a rule now and really in this type of game where account sharing can actually be helpful for those people who may have lost a character for whatever reason and they have a friend who has an account where he just builds up alts and allows that person to use the character(s). That's just one example though, I'm sure there's other reasons.

Yeah, exactly. Just tell people to stop whining if they lost their stuff due to account sharing. For example, if you trust someone and give them permission to your land, and then they steal from you, you're not allowed to complain, are you? If you trust someone and give them your account password and then they steal from you, you shouldn't be able to complain either. Just don't trust people on Salem, period.
thais

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 am

Its not allowed. Period. This is not giving permission to another persons claim. This is giving permission to another persons account. I'm not going to do entire investigations as to who, what, where, and why passwords were given, when people were allowed to use it, when they were not etc. etc. If so and so said that steve could use it but only on sundays and then steve gives it to frank who gets the character killed and frank was not allowed to use it etc.

If you share your password, AND if you log into another players account who has given you their password, ALL parties are running the risk of a ban if/when the other party cries foul.

There is no good reason for it. Don't do it. Make your own alt account if you want an alt.

EULA wrote:
E. End User agrees to take appropriate measures to ensure the safety
of its account in the Game and passwords and to prevent
unauthorized use of these by a third party. If End User has reason
to believe that third parties have obtained such information or can
obtain it, the End User shall immediately inform Mortal Moments Inc. and
change its data. Unauthorized access by any third parties to End
User’s personal information, account and in-game currency account
in the Game is strictly forbidden. End User agrees and acknowledges
that he/she shall not sell, give or transfer its account, in-game
currency account or personal information to any third parties.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kaios » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:13 am

Ok but I just gave you a good reason and I'm sure I could think of more if I cared enough but you're gay so bye
Kaios

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:16 am

Kaios wrote:Ok but I just gave you a good reason and I'm sure I could think of more if I cared enough but you're gay so bye

I have reviewed your reason and determined it to be no good. You do not build up secondary accounts for the purposes of giving them to your friends. You cannot transfer accounts via the EULA anyway. Players who wish to play developed characters need to develop them on their own merits, not expect handouts from friends when they are killed.

There should be a scribe system before launch that will allow players to scribe skills into books which their friends can then learn. This will be the in-game way to help your friends. Not some situation where you feel you must have shared accounts.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Trenial » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:43 am

Kaios wrote:Ok but I just gave you a good reason and I'm sure I could think of more if I cared enough but you're gay so bye

Bye! We wont miss you Cloister.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Kaios » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:00 am

Trenial wrote:Bye! We wont miss you Cloister.

Don't worry I just meant bye to the conversation
Kaios

Postby ukraChild » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:01 am

Cant wait for the day the gods bless us with trenials permanent departure.
ukraChild

Postby Dallane » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:18 am

ukraChild wrote:Cant wait for the day the gods bless us with trenials permanent departure.

Will be alot less gay around here.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby mentalyll » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 am

Dallane wrote:
ukraChild wrote:Cant wait for the day the gods bless us with trenials permanent departure.

Will be alot less gay around here.

coming from Dallane
mentalyll

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses