Seriously going to quit

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Seriously going to quit

Postby Frakked » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:52 am

Just had enough.

Make up the game today- I can't bring in new blood for fear of betrayal and infiltration from other factions and older, quit players (that I could trust) still have no interest on returning!

As the ""improvements"" come out; seems I have two options... wait until population is so huge my current rep is drop of water in the big pond.... or until game gets wiped again... and/or until game finally launches.

I've got accounts with other games: PS2, LOTRO (Lifer), WOW (if I ever attempt to recover it), RIFT, Aion, Perfect World, and Star Citizen (Concierge Status). Salem is not my only option.

I was just getting by to date; but this latest patch... emphasizes the need for a full group effort to be effective...and that's one thing I just don't have.

Brona didn't run me off; but Dev's have...

Salem is now dead weight... it's just a matter of alt banking some stuff against a return... and inviting others to take over bases: 9% lime, etc...

To Devs: Changes are great... love it... but you are pushing for more 'group play'. Nothing wrong with that; but then don't be dismayed when solo'ist bail on you.

And by extreme chance I'm not the only one... don't pout or change your course when population bottoms out.

I will not return for no less than a full world wipe or an official launch...]

It's over...about time,
Last edited by Frakked on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frakked

Re: Seriously going to quit

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:56 am

Is this post in P&P because you are recruiting others to follow you?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Frakked » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:01 am

I'm looking for folks to follow me... and to say good-bye.

My towns are productive... I would like to see them continue... but if nobody can be found... they'll be spoils of war... right after I destroy the Church that maintains it in 7.5 darkness

PS- I will make available all my maps... esp those to Helm's Deep... not bits and pieces but all tiles... anything that will help Kill Eowyn or Embie again... or how to avoid her if that your thing. '

Every stinking tile that she might be related too will be public knowledge very soon.
Frakked

Postby Thor » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:22 am

Frakked wrote:To Devs: Changes are great... love it... but you are pushing for more 'group play'. Nothing wrong with that; but then don't be dismayed when solo'ist bail on you.

Why play MMO alone? It's not even the point of MMO.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:33 am

If you don't like the game just shut up and leave.
DarkNacht

Postby Gromar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:11 am

Thor wrote:Why play MMO alone? It's not even the point of MMO.

Generally I would agree with Thor that in an MMO playing alone is not really why one would join an MMO initially. I did not join this game to Play alone. However, after very short time of just 24 hours I realized that a peaceful and open minded Player like me, can not trust People outside of Boston. The result of trusting People might end up loosing a character that onw built up over month weeks or years, In other games you might end up loosing some precious gear or something you worked very hard to get to.... however... as the Character itself can get this stuff back really fast, it is the Skills and proficiencies that hurt as much as the biles.

To me that is a very good reason to not let any other Player come close to myself. Any Player appearing on my Screen might be a killer. Talking to anybody just increases danger, living Close to others, just increases danger.

For the stated reason I do agree with Frakked - although I do not agree with most of his Forum Posts.
Gromar

Postby TruthTeller » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:22 am

Thor wrote:
Frakked wrote:To Devs: Changes are great... love it... but you are pushing for more 'group play'. Nothing wrong with that; but then don't be dismayed when solo'ist bail on you.

Why play MMO alone? It's not even the point of MMO.

There is a lot of people who like MMOs in the sense that they want to play a single player game with a chatbox. SWtOR was designed to please that audience, it was very much a single player game with a chatbox despite being labeled as MMO.

There is also another kind that enjoys MMO: those who just like seeing plenty of people around. It is like living in the city: just because there are so many people, it doesn't mean you have to interact with any of them.
TruthTeller

Postby Raw_Weirdness » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:25 am

Thor wrote: Why play MMO alone? It's not even the point of MMO.

DarkNacht wrote:If you don't like the game just shut up and leave.

Frakked; Good luck with your next game.

Thor: Dont you think everyone have the right to play the game the way they want to play? The point of a game is to have fun (in most games) , if somone likes to solo in a open pvp world, they will have a hard time doing it in a singel player game.. The pvp part ;)

DarkNacht: A forum is a place for sharing ideas and starting/joining or reading discussions on the topics the "owner" of the forum allowes. Are you the owner?
Raw_Weirdness

Postby alloin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:56 am

Can i have your stuff ?

I'm also a lonely hermit, so I can use your stuff very well !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby jesi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm in the same school as frakked although I want to continue and try out the new stuff. However, it is annoying that now the "tailor" is king.

Again, I hope the Dev's will respect the sandbox concept, and not force people into a certain playing style (teams, or forcing up T&N) in order to have reasonable amounts of fun (kill bears, make clothes, etc.).
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Next

Return to House of Burgesses