Not So Sage Cliff

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Not So Sage Cliff

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Cheena wrote:You can start seeking vengeance against your killers. Hire mercenaries or some things like that. You better have some money tho.

This.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:38 pm

How is one supposed to have money for mercenaries without the prospect of alt-vaulting? I hope the concept of inheritence makes up for the otherwise total loss someone would suffer without the ability to hide stuff away somewhere. Oh, and looking forward to see how structure HP and waste mechanics get changed to hopefully prevent an overzealous attacker from razing an entire base to the ground, making it pointless to even have a fresh alt inherit the claim.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:56 pm

lachlaan wrote:How is one supposed to have money for mercenaries without the prospect of alt-vaulting?

Because they store/hide their belongings in the world like civilized people. An abandoned Mine with some treasure in it, a box with a purse, a locked metal chest. The opportunities are endless.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby er-queent8r » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Hey now is that a track of tears I see? What is it to build up from nothing? I will tell you, it is a challenge. Recreate to make it better tnan before. Ready, set, go!
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Postby omegaburst » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
lachlaan wrote:How is one supposed to have money for mercenaries without the prospect of alt-vaulting?

Because they store/hide their belongings in the world like civilized people. An abandoned Mine with some treasure in it, a box with a purse, a locked metal chest. The opportunities are endless.

are u kidding me? who leaves several thousand silver lieing around and expects it to still be there when they come back? and civilized people store their excess money in a bank. i'm not sure if there's one in boston or what but to say hide your valuables in random places like that seems ludicrous. I know what i should do, start a bank just as soon as u create a wall that cant be breached 10 times in a few minutes. seriously im not even sure how they did it since i couldn't find any sign of a siege claim last night or this morning. i half wonder though without ANY evidence whatsoever if they somehow took advantage of the server crash. ohhh and great way of doing things tribe. attack anyone who doesn't want to be involved in fighting seriously i hope wrath goes genocidal on u guys 2 a much greater extent. for now im gonna look 4 a game that doesn't let a bunch of murderous jerks slaughter anyone they like permanently without even giving a chance at self defense.
omegaburst

Postby alloin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 am

omegaburst wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

are u kidding me? who leaves several thousand silver lieing around and expects it to still be there when they come back? and civilized people store their excess money in a bank. i'm not sure if there's one in boston or what but to say hide your valuables in random places like that seems ludicrous. I know what i should do, start a bank just as soon as u create a wall that cant be breached 10 times in a few minutes. seriously im not even sure how they did it since i couldn't find any sign of a siege claim last night or this morning. i half wonder though without ANY evidence whatsoever if they somehow took advantage of the server crash. ohhh and great way of doing things tribe. attack anyone who doesn't want to be involved in fighting seriously i hope wrath goes genocidal on u guys 2 a much greater extent. for now im gonna look 4 a game that doesn't let a bunch of murderous jerks slaughter anyone they like permanently without even giving a chance at self defense.

They breached your wall with a mechanism that's called splash damage, you should leave at least 6 tiles between the claim's edge & your wall, and you should also consider placing a townbell.
They probably broke in because they saw scents laying in your base.
That's some things you should take into consideration when trying to live peacefully, I also didn't see too much of defenses on the pictures in this thread, try to place at least 10 braziers spread across your claim.

I'm sure if you would do everything above you would not have died and they would never find your cash hidden in a box, hope to see you return to Salem!
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 am

omegaburst wrote:now im gonna look 4 a game that doesn't let a bunch of murderous jerks slaughter anyone

Y look for dum game?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Trenial » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 am

Wonder if they reverse split railed in or just did the long way stone cornerstone. Meh, oh well, the end is the same. RIP splash kids.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby neored9 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:09 am

omegabrust wrote: without even giving a chance at self defense.

You had a chance when you were alive. You blew it.
neored9

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:15 am

alloin wrote: and you should also consider placing a townbell.

Yes we did have a bell and about 5 braziers here and there.
But it was my noobish fault that i forgot to tell my townies who, sadly, didnt have the experience of getting attacked that people can splash your walls by making new ones and breaking those.
Anyway omega sagecliff is getting rebuilt by some new fellas from our town but under a new name.
The three musketeers :mrgreen:
And tribe, do know that i will pay thousands of silver for your scalps and if possible il get those scalps myself. :twisted:
Rifmaster

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses