Extreme Hoarders of Salem (Tomki)

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Extreme Hoarders of Salem (Tomki)

Postby lachlaan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Indeed there is a distinction between TMs and tribal horde. The way I see it TMs are like a flock of sheep, whereas the horde are the sheppards with shotguns and rabid guard dogs keeping the sheep in line, as well as savagely hunting any wild rams for the sake of fun. I believe the behaviour TMs are allowed, and expected to display is the following. EDIT : On second thought, I'd rather not reprimanded for that vid in case it's against the rules lol. So subservient is how i imagine TMs need to be.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby vienradzis » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:10 pm

ezgoezit wrote:
vienradzis wrote:No Treaty=dead

This is why I decided against joining the tribe... Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the tactics or "being on the wrong side of right", but when I started, I asked about the tribe and was pointed in this direction:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8587

There were a few things on that post that did not seem to be in keeping with many other tribe posts I read, specifically this one:

Ikpeip wrote:-TMs shall not commit crimes against their fellow man, except in self-defense. This includes larceny, waste, assault, and murder

Now, perhaps I am crazy here, but there seems to be a conflict between that particular rule and the whole "No Treaty=dead" thing.

As it turns out, I am comfortable in grey areas and I don't mind a little hypocrisy. I think it helps my digestion. The problem I am having is that there is a group of people that want me to abide by a treaty that they do not abide by themselves. Considering that, it would be a poor tactical and strategic decision for me to join because their offer of protection is effectively, as dependable as their own adherence to the other rules listed on the treaty.

Had they the intestinal fortitude to simply state something to the effect of, "-TMs shall not commit crimes against their fellow TM, except in self-defense. This includes larceny, waste, assault, and murder." Then I could see the tribe being worthy of consideration.

You need to understand diference between.
1. signing Treaty
2. joing MM Tribe
3. being Tribal horde.
vienradzis

Postby Orcling » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 pm

vienradzis wrote:You need to understand diference between.
1. signing Treaty
2. joing MM Tribe
3. being Tribal horde.

There's no difference, all of that is one big steaming pile of ****.
Orcling

Postby ezgoezit » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:13 pm

vienradzis wrote:You need to understand diference between.
1. signing Treaty
2. joing MM Tribe
3. being Tribal horde.

It would be easier for a new player to understand the difference between the three if it was explained somewhere. I don't know, perhaps somewhere such as the post with the treaty? Am I to understand that a person that joins the MM Tribe and a tribal horde member are not considered TMs?

Regards,

Ez
Sic Erat Scriptum (Thus was it written)
ezgoezit

Postby Mereni » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm

MM Tribe and Tribal Horde are not treaty members, no.

Treaty members can't be allowed to raid for their own protection. It's so easy to become a treaty member, on Plymouth there were several 'treaty members' who we knew or suspected were rebels trying to infiltrate. Now, if we had allowed treaty members to raid people the only way we could have prevented them from accidentally raiding each other was to give them the whole list of who the other members were, and where their bases were. Can you see how that would be a bad idea? There was more than one attempt by people who disliked to tribe to find out who the treaty members were and kill them off. So, in the end we just said if you want to be peaceful you sign the treaty; if you want to be raiding, you join the tribe itself; if you want greater freedoms and privilege than the treaty, but don't want to have all the responsibilities of the braves, become a spirit guide.
Mereni

Postby ezgoezit » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:21 pm

That explains a lot. I appreciate it. Sorry for the derail from the OP.

Ez
Sic Erat Scriptum (Thus was it written)
ezgoezit

Postby Trenial » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Signing the Treaty has the following effects:

You are not permitted to commit unlawful crimes. All crimes on your own property must be reported and documented. Any unauthorized crimes will result in your death.

You are protected from others committing crimes against you. Should they prevail, vengence is virtually guaranteed.

You may freely trade, and associate with all tribal members and other treaty members.

You are restricted to designated treaty member areas to settle.

There are no fees to my knowledge at this time per order of the Chief.

For more info please contact Ikpeip on the forums.

Tribal Horde:

A more loose version of Treaty Member status. You are an affiliate of the tribe and are not authorized to commit crimes against the Tribe, or it's Treaty Members, you are however permitted to commit crimes against other Tribal Affiliates.

You may settle wherever you like. Gifts to the Tribe are almost required from my knowledge.

Tribe Status:

no information found, please retype your query and try again.

I am not in the tribe, nor am I a brave or an authorized member to speak on these matters with any accuracy. This is a rough understanding. Again please contact Ikpeip on the forums for further informatrion.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Binks » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Trenial wrote:Gifts to the Tribe are almost required from my knowledge.

Gifts are always nice but they are by no means required.
Binks

Postby Trenial » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Binks wrote:
Trenial wrote:Gifts to the Tribe are almost required from my knowledge.

Gifts are always nice but they are by no means required.

almost (tm) ¦]
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses