Gambling odds for July Developer Event

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Gambling odds for July Developer Event

Postby Merchant_King » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 am

Greetings Fellow Salemites! It has come to the attention of the Merchant King that no one has yet established gambling odds for the upcoming developer event.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10046

TotalyMeow wrote:I have challenged John Carver to a game of English Draughts. The event will take place in Boston on the weekend of the 19th-20th. Those who attend may choose a side to support. Those who support John will receive a Redcoat's Backpack if he wins. Those who support me will receive one of Those Rarefied Thornbush Flowers if I win. Each person supporting the losing player gets a big pile of 10 pieces of Fertile Turkey Droppings.

Your humble servant is happy to fill this void.

For the nominal fee of 1% of amount bet, you earn some quick money by picking the winning player.

Current odds are:

John Carver 1:2. 500s so far bet on JC
TotalyMeow 1:2. 300s so far bet on TM

Odds will adjust via demand.

How does it work? So for example at the current odds, if you bet 101s on John Carver, I will pay you 200s if he wins.

Please PM to arrange a meeting.

Your Humble Merchant!
- The Merchant King
Last edited by Merchant_King on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merchant_King

Re: Gambling odds for July Developer Event

Postby Frakked » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:51 am

Rumor has it they are married... the big question is what they personally have riding on the match...

A Gentleman would let his wife have some glory (policing the forums is no cake walk)... but a true gamer wouldn't care either way...

Tough Call.

Having said that- I'm going to root for JohnCarver... his reward is one I have to spend RL cash to obtain. TotalMeow... I will earn regardless over time...
Frakked

Postby Dallane » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:59 am

Frakked wrote:Rumor has it they are married... the big question is what they personally have riding on the match...

A Gentleman would let his wife have some glory (policing the forums is no cake walk)... but a true gamer wouldn't care either way...

Tough Call.

What kind of beta lets a woman win just because she is a woman. Relationship and gender should have no effect on a GAME
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:02 am

the point is moot since i am joining johns team to make sure meow earns the big L since she does not like my guild poster.

Darwoth

Postby Icon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:10 am

He's got 3 posts, he's obviously trustworthy.

Actually I would like to offer my own game. Meet me in Boston, hand me all your money, and 50% chance I'll give it back. You can't beat them odds 1:1
Icon

Postby Merchant_King » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 am

Icon wrote:He's got 3 posts, he's obviously trustworthy.

Actually I would like to offer my own game. Meet me in Boston, hand me all your money, and 50% chance I'll give it back. You can't beat them odds 1:1

Secrecy is the best policy for ensuring the security of my customers funds.

First post updated with current bet totals. Might have to increase odds onTM if this trend keeps up.
Merchant_King

Postby Icon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:03 am

Let me put it this way... If your legit, then try to remember that the gambling scam has been in mmorpg's since UO's creator first said "holy **** it works"... If.."if" (benefit of the doubt) your trying to scam people and it works, then I personaly request that afterwards you post a list of names of everyone who fell for it for public humiliation reasons.
Icon

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:29 am

I'll bet 10 piles of turkey **** on TM.
DarkNacht

Return to House of Burgesses