He Who Walks Through Walls

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: He Who Walks Through Walls

Postby Kaios » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 pm

What I don't understand is how someone could possibly disagree with what happened in this scenario but thinks it's still fair to remove a player from the game and forum for months for not doing anything nearly as bad as abusing a bug, well, I feel bad for you and your perception of things.
Kaios

Postby Icon » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Suffragium wrote:
Ikpeip wrote:Suffragium, can you think of any records Realak might find interesting?

[quote]

Well played, just, well played
Icon

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Kaios wrote:What I don't understand is how someone could possibly disagree with what happened in this scenario but thinks it's still fair to remove a player from the game and forum for months for not doing anything nearly as bad as abusing a bug, well, I feel bad for you and your perception of things.

That's because you are probably not privileged to the full disclosure of offenses from what I believe you are referring to. Had you seen the actions taken by this individual you may think differently.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kaios » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:49 pm

JohnCarver wrote:That's because you are probably not privileged to the full disclosure of offenses from what I believe you are referring to. Had you seen the actions taken by this individual you may think differently.

So convince me? I'm never going to let it go otherwise. I don't mind being patient and throwing a jab in here and there because from my perspective it's as simple as this: Player makes lots of posts, everybody hates that player, you ban the player. Also if you're implying he made threats to do anything AFTER the hat thing started well that's your fault, is it not?
Kaios

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Kaios wrote:So convince me? I'm never going to let it go otherwise. I don't mind being patient and throwing a jab in here and there because from my perspective it's as simple as this: Player makes lots of posts, everybody hates that player, you ban the player. Also if you're implying he made threats to do anything AFTER the hat thing started well that's your fault, is it not?

Unfortunately, I will have to earn your trust and respect otherwise, or find a way to live without it. As it is against policy to discuss the exact terms of bans on specific players.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kaios » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Unfortunately, I will have to earn your trust and respect otherwise, or find a way to live without it. As it is against policy to discuss the exact terms of bans on specific players.

Cool story bro.

It's unfortunate the naivety of the readers doesn't allow them to see past the fact that I am not just arguing for Claeyt, but for when this happens again in the future, and I guarantee it will happen. With a bit of support you'd most certainly be forced to actually consider the things I have written.
Kaios

Postby Orcling » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Kaios wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Unfortunately, I will have to earn your trust and respect otherwise, or find a way to live without it. As it is against policy to discuss the exact terms of bans on specific players.

Cool story bro.

It's unfortunate the naivety of the readers doesn't allow them to see past the fact that I am not just arguing for Claeyt, but for when this happens again in the future, and I guarantee it will happen. With a bit of support you'd most certainly be forced to actually consider the things I have written.

Yknow, you could just ask Claeyt himself. Unless you don't trust what he says.
Why are you so bent on hearing the "why" from the devs?
Orcling

Postby Kaios » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Orcling wrote:Yknow, you could just ask Claeyt himself. Unless you don't trust what he says.
Why are you so bent on hearing the "why" from the devs?

[Image Redacted]

This image does not fall withing the bounds of private conversations you are allowed to post here. If Claeyt wishes to post this when he returns, that is a different matter as it is his own private information.

Additionally, all that can be told to you about the bans has been told, we are not going to embarrass those who were punished further by giving a full account of all that happened leading up to their bans. Just know that in-game bans are not given frivolously and have not and will not be meted out unjustly. Discussion of forum bans outside asking questions in the Forum Moderation thread is against the rules so you are going to have to stop now. We overlooked the need for a similar rule regarding in-game bans so you won't receive a ban at this time but I will be amending the rules shortly so I suggest you desist.

~TotalyMeow

If you think Claeyt is intentionally guilty of any of this when it's the same person who was constantly advocating AGAINST racism then I guess that's why you're so confused about what I am asking.
Kaios

Postby Orcling » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Kaios wrote:
If you think Claeyt is intentionally guilty of any of this when it's the same person who was constantly advocating AGAINST racism then I guess that's why you're so confused about what I am asking.

So if you accidently murder someone, you're not guilty?

He posted several screenshots with the "N" word all over them. I would know, I was the one spamming it in Boston, already got punished for it aswell.(He can't say he didn't know about that rule, he had to agree to the new EULA to access the forums. If he didn't read that, it's entirely his own fault.)

And "Spamming" is true too, he admitted that in Skype himself, 100 pm's to the devs? If thats not spamming then I don't know what spamming is. Not to mention all his double if not triple posts, all having the same content. I dunno about defamation though, but he's ***** all over the everywhere, so I guess that could count as that.
Orcling

Postby Kaios » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 pm

Orcling wrote:So if you accidently murder someone, you're not guilty?

He posted several screenshots with the "N" word all over them. I would know, I was the one spamming it in Boston, already got punished for it aswell.(He can't say he didn't know about that rule, he had to agree to the new EULA to access the forums. If he didn't read that, it's entirely his own fault.)

And "Spamming" is true too, he admitted that in Skype himself, 100 pm's to the devs? If thats not spamming then I don't know what spamming is. Not to mention all his double if not triple posts, all having the same content. I dunno about defamation though, but he's ***** all over the everywhere, so I guess that could count as that.

I think you're missing the dilemma though, which is, none of that had to occur. We're talking about a guy that gets completely annihilated on a verbal level every single time he posts, you don't think that is punishment enough for having to "suffer" his presence? He was trolled by the developers and his pleas for assistance were ignored or mocked by them as well, not to mention dismissed by almost every other person than my self, and still you try to defend the decision to remove him from not only the forum but THE GAME AS WELL???

Jesus Christ dude you even admitted to being one of the losers that spams things like that, no doubt in the presence of Claeyt to cause that very reaction, and you weren't banned from the game now were you?

If you still disagree with me and think the ban is fair, I'll just keep that in mind for the future should you or anyone else be in a similar situation where you are also removed from the game for things that should hold no weight within it anyways.

Edit: Also I didn't bother to read the green text until now, but even if I were posting in the moderation thread you'd just split it off like you always do because once its there it suddenly doesn't fall under the purview of moderation complaints. Make up your mind or just stop being the worst moderator in history.

Indeed, the discussion about that particular situation was split off the Moderation thread because it didn't belong there, but it truly should not have been discussed on the forums at all and only served to worsen the situation. Please note that the rules have been changed to clarify what actions I will take in the future. This is your warning to cease trying to dig the subject back up on the forums, if you really need to discuss it further, please PM me.

~TotalyMeow
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses