Vile Fashion

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Vile Fashion

Postby VicarWhitby » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:33 am

What a lamentable town Salem has become! When I arrived, I did much to preach the good word of the Lord, but now my prayers have been answered by a most gruesome joke. When I prayed for more life, I was only greeted with death. In our fair city, the church, a place of holy contemplation, is empty - but an executioner's block now flows with blood.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment!" -Matthew 5:21-26

If we do not stand firm, Salem will rot from spiritual starvation! We must counter death brick by brick. For every savage who takes the scalp of his brother, a pew must be planed in the house of our Father. For every man who drops to his knees at the executioner's block, so too must a man be made humble before the Lord thy God. For if no attention is paid to what we owe the Lord, then our debt shall be insurmountable at the time of the final judgement.

To make matters worse, now a new fashion trend is sweeping Salem. Young, impressionable men are turning away from the Lord Almighty and dawning ghastly black masques!

I happened upon one of these foul creatures as I walked the streets one night. There was scarcely a slit from which he could see and the entire affect was one of dread foreboding. Surely to wear such a masque must drain the humours and take a man further from God! These masques are an abomination, and no man should wear one in the house of God - much less in the city we dedicate to him as puritans!

-Vicar Whitby
VicarWhitby

Return to House of Burgesses