looking for wallbasher

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: looking for wallbasher

Postby Judaism » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:47 am

Stocks are only a threat to the noob raiders, in any serious stage (even happened many times the first week on Popham) people buy themselves out or stay logged in 24/7. I very much hate the stocks, they should absolutely not be there because any form of ''revenge'' should not come in such a lame way IMO. But the stocks are one of the few things that are balanced out properly, you now could stay online 24/7, you could release yourself very quickly and the damage dealt is based on the person's total justice points.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby KruskDaMangled » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 am

Judaism wrote:Stocks are only a threat to the noob raiders, in any serious stage (even happened many times the first week on Popham) people buy themselves out or stay logged in 24/7. I very much hate the stocks, they should absolutely not be there because any form of ''revenge'' should not come in such a lame way IMO. But the stocks are one of the few things that are balanced out properly, you now could stay online 24/7, you could release yourself very quickly and the damage dealt is based on the person's total justice points.

Make up your mind Hoss, which is it? :D

Anyway, yes, it is more complicated than that. The way it plays out as you say in practice is an intended possibility. You take your lumps (ugh! Humor damage! insanity!) or pay a fine. You get punished either way. If you stay logged in you also "pay" by investing your actual time into finding stuff to do to keep your character sane/spending resources on that in one way or the other. There isn't anything stopping you doing it, but it's work. And someone might use a big boy option, which is also possibly guarded against by being hyper vigilant and always on, but you still have to deal with it when it comes.
KruskDaMangled

Postby Vexus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 pm

Tulgarath wrote:I know you guys will call this care bear, but you talk of incentive to fight... if you lose your titan after a good fight, or say.. having your team bail on you when you thought you were about to have a good fight (read about that one once), why would anyone want to fight a fair fight? Should you ever get that great one on one.. your enemy will scalp you.. they don't seem to want a rematch. I have yet to see on the forums, great fight X... hope we do it again soon. So where is the real thrill of a good fight? It seems if you guys stumble upon a fight, you scalp the loser and make a grand story about your version of how it happened. If its action you guys crave, the battle, then maybe you should stop killing eachother off...despite being permadeath, it doesn't mean you have to kill.

Perhaps I just don't see those stories, maybe people try to save face, should they get downed by an adversary and let go. I dont know.../shrug. I know when I am caught I will be most likely scalped because I have little to offer in ways of a ransom, and probably not even a scalp worthy of posting lol (unless your alt wants to post on its account lol), but just my impression from the outside.

I enjoyed PVP in UO, say what you will about penalty for death vs permadeath, but it seemed to have alot more action on a day to day basis, and still decent loot.

Just like in real life, the victors write the history books from their perspective. If you come into Salem PvP with the mindset of having fun 1v1 battles - you will be scalped. The idea is to win, period. If that means bringing 10 friends, creating 10 alts, tricking, trapping, poisoning, anything to win - you do it. Indeed, the satisfaction comes from doing more scalping than being scalped, and also from defending to a point where you don't get scalped. There are some complex higher end systems for all this and it is very enjoyable to have to think of every way you would destroy your enemy and then set up your own defenses to counter your own ideas of attack. This stuff is amazingly fun.
Vexus

Postby RafaelB73 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 pm

And What is happening here Gentlemen? 8-)
RafaelB73

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses