Server Downtime 7.4.2014

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Server Downtime 7.4.2014

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 pm

We recognize the server is Timedout. Its not responding to commands in the exact way I would expect and want.

For the record, a vast majority of the time a bug is easily squashed and a clean restart is a fairly simple thing. I'm not expecting that this is anything too far out of the ordinary, but there are some dangers with forcing a restart before a full investigation is concluded which requires some debugging tools a bit more sophisticated than a typical quick-peek from yours truly. In the spirit of being 1000% safe, I'm going to leave this down until we can get somebody to verify we are in the clear to restart without jeopardizing any data integrity.

Its also a major holiday. So please allow me some patience, and use this time to maybe go update the public wiki with all the new stuff you found so far!

Also in the future I will make it a priority to be able to do some more advanced debugging from my remote computer so I can have the confidence to restart this for you in a more timely manner.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Server Downtime 7.4.2014

Postby alloin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:We recognize the server is Timedout. Its not responding to commands in the exact way I would expect and want.

For the record, a vast majority of the time a bug is easily squashed and a clean restart is a fairly simple thing. I'm not expecting that this is anything too far out of the ordinary, but there are some dangers with forcing a restart before a full investigation is concluded which requires some debugging tools a bit more sophisticated than a typical quick-peek from yours truly. In the spirit of being 1000% safe, I'm going to leave this down until we can get somebody to verify we are in the clear to restart without jeopardizing any data integrity.

Its also a major holiday. So please allow me some patience, and use this time to maybe go update the public wiki with all the new stuff you found so far!

Also in the future I will make it a priority to be able to do some more advanced debugging from my remote computer so I can have the confidence to restart this for you in a more timely manner.

Does it help if ppl say what they where doing the moment the server went down ?

For me, right as i right-clicked the executioner to deliver a scalp, the server went down :(
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby solitude_stalker » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 pm

I was riding around in a majestic horse that I borrowed from someone else. I might have got stuck in a barrel or that could be the side affect of the sudden downtime.
A dead reincarnated man talking
solitude_stalker

Postby er-queent8r » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:25 pm

I was working on my crops then couldn't move. Hey John, these things happen no problem. I am sure you and your team will get this resolved as soon as you can.
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Postby Sinnerman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 pm

First patch - first crash :lol:
I hope you solve this problem fast.

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost
People will be devastated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pLo3IPKI0fD4ZqIXe2hPg
Sinnerman

Postby Judaism » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Hopefully there are numerous of backups, if it may come to that.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:10 pm

*UPDATE*
The execution list got full. Somebody tried to give him a scalp that met certain criteria... and not other criteria as he only displays the (Top 10). That is fixed, but work is still being done to ensure minimal collateral dmg from the crash.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby solitude_stalker » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:12 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*UPDATE*
The execution list got full. Somebody tried to give him a scalp that met certain criteria... and not other criteria as he only displays the (Top 10). That is fixed, but work is still being done to ensure minimal collateral dmg from the crash.

Damn you alloin :D . Why you gotta kill so much
A dead reincarnated man talking
solitude_stalker

Postby alloin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:16 pm

solitude_stalker wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:*UPDATE*

Damn you alloin :D . Why you gotta kill so much

I was testing stuff :)
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:21 pm

JohnCarver wrote:That is fixed, but work is still being done to ensure minimal collateral dmg from the crash.

Just as long as there is no hnh style area nukes.
DarkNacht

Next

Return to Announcements