Salem Independence Day

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Independence Day

Postby Whyamihere » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:59 am

Looking forward to checking some of this out.
Whyamihere

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:03 am

Oh and BTW my island has another hat on it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am

Is it possible to completely eliminate full and fed up debuff with the potion? If yes - what's the point of the timers at all?

Loving all the work you've put in! Excited to try it out. Even more excited for them to keep coming.
RonPaulFTW

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:13 am

RonPaulFTW wrote:Is it possible to completely eliminate full and fed up debuff with the potion? If yes - what's the point of the timers at all?

Yes. And yes we considered just removing the timers all-together. At the end of the day though we did feel that the timers are a nice touch that set a reasonable pace of advancement. Players looking to exceed this pace, can do so through extra effort, but are getting a quasi-diminishing return as they are spending time just to nullify something that will dissipate for free to the casual gamer who progresses at the normal rate.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Thor » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:15 am

How clever of you to say that you can scalp the tribe, I see what you did there! Anyhow, enormous patch, cant wait to test it!
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby RonPaulFTW » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:Is it possible to completely eliminate full and fed up debuff with the potion? If yes - what's the point of the timers at all?

Yes. And yes we considered just removing the timers all-together. At the end of the day though we did feel that the timers are a nice touch that set a reasonable pace of advancement. Players looking to exceed this pace, can do so through extra effort, but are getting a quasi-diminishing return as they are spending time just to nullify something that will dissipate for free to the casual gamer who progresses at the normal rate.

I guess it's up to us to test and figure out if the return is appropriately diminishing / hard to achieve

Thor wrote:How clever of you to say that you can scalp the tribe, I see what you did there! Anyhow, enormous patch, cant wait to test it!

We all know JC is chief.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Blood » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:23 am

Great patch we got here, after so long of neglect and hot dam i like the potions especially the final tier ones 500k inspiration and one that well lets just say things gonna go boom.

Also i believe you misspelled physician in the description for pharmacology formal.
Blood

Postby falconsadist » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 am

The new skills are too easy to get please add more high level skills.
falconsadist

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:26 am

falconsadist wrote:The new skills are too easy to get please add more high level skills.

Screenshot of your character with Shurb Orchards please.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby neored9 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 am

Update, Liming no longer sucks.
neored9

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements