Salem Independence Day

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Independence Day

Postby vienradzis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:49 pm

if i see you take them. count yourself as dead
vienradzis

Postby Propulsion » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:22 am

vienradzis wrote:if i see you take them. count yourself as dead

Is there some other bug I don't know about?
Propulsion

Postby Kaios » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Propulsion wrote:Is there some other bug I don't know about?

Just the one above your post
Kaios

Postby Dammit » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 am

They still stewing over their broken arrow heads, half used feathers, they even consider their dung sacred, and thus use it for biological native American warfare.
Dammit

Postby Icon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:16 am

Ok, so.. And I swear I'm not THAT high, i was doing some exploring down in the darkness, and something, I'm pretty sure it was a yeti, rushed me and KO'd me like it was Floyd Mayweather. I couldn't get a screen of it, it happened so fast, but it was brown, hairy, and twice as tall as me. It either rushed me, or "leap at" or something like that, then it switched to punches (although i was down before the second one).

Thanks for the ninja patch... I guess :evil:
Icon

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:19 am

Icon wrote:Ok, so.. And I swear I'm not THAT high, i was doing some exploring down in the darkness, and something, I'm pretty sure it was a yeti, rushed me and KO'd me like it was Floyd Mayweather. I couldn't get a screen of it, it happened so fast, but it was brown, hairy, and twice as tall as me. It either rushed me, or "leap at" or something like that, then it switched to punches (although i was down before the second one).

Thanks for the ninja patch... I guess :evil:

The darkness is a dangerous place.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby trungdle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 am

I want to be honest. I'm a noob and based on suggestion I go around collecting those arrows and feathers. I've made 350~400 silvers today, more or less. I don't think I played a lot today.
I have trouble waiting for my inspiration to go up. I have trouble walking (too slow too annoying). But I bought a backpack for 100 silvers (what's the symbol actually? "$100" or "s100"?)from someone and a purse with ~250 silvers in it. I have nothing else, no house no fence no sled (lost after being K.O.ed) but I'm loving the game.
The thing is, I feel super lost at first, I don't know where to start, what to do, like every noob I thought I need to build something to get going, and I found only a pile of wood recipe, with no way to light. Maybe you could put some early on objectives for us, like "get some nuts", "learn this skill", "make a basket", "make an axe", "build a leanto", "make a sled" etc. etc. and some explanation like "go find those arrows and feathers for quick money, and get me the study items for this skill!". That would really, really help. If you've known all that you can just click ignore. Oh, and players should start with a cyanide pill, just in case he want to kill himself after struggling with this game. I know I did think about that once. Or a quick, painless death in front of the raiders.
I don't know. I'm eagerly waiting for tomorrow because then I can study some more items. Hey, can you make it that if I don't have enough inspiration I can put the item in a "study slot" to get over with it in, like, 24 hours?
Good job on this game my men. goooood job.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:28 am

We plan on having a very 'light' tutorial in part of our roadmap.

As for running out of inspiration and having too much silver. Try buying bottles and making the entry level inspiration potions (folk medicine is the skill you need). OR You could try to find a player who can make inspirational potions for you.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby trungdle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:inspirational potions.

coooool.
EDITED: except for the part that a guy told me that they cost 1000 silvers and told me to "**** off" after that.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby neored9 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:02 am

Happy to help you out with the backpack. I could also offer you a deal on bottles to make potions. The person that was so rude and gave you a ridiculous price was probably a rebel.
neored9

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements