Salem Independence Day

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Independence Day

Postby Murphy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:22 pm

solitude_stalker wrote:
You cannot pick up tumbleweed when on horse back due to the collision mechanics.

Try again, it worked for me
Murphy

Postby Dammit » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Ikpeip wrote:Good afternoon,

50% of your current accumulated would be more useful for new players, who are usually below 50% of their maximum anyhow.

Faithfully,

-PmP

Yes upon more testing with my other characters, one I have not played in a few days indeed had the cap hit and only lost 50%. I believe it would be best if it was current inspiration and not total, this would work best.
Dammit

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Quick update. In an effort to make the most recent major patch always known we will sticky it until the subsequent patch is released.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Thor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:36 pm

After playing post patch I have nothing bad to say about it, very good job new devs!
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby jesi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm having a peculiar experience. Where once an area spawned turkeys on a plentiful, regular basis, it now has not spawned any (apparently) since the patch. Did the chance of spawning normal wild turkeys get changed? I know of at least one other player who has had the same experience in a different part of the map. Are other people finding wild turkeys?
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Great job, well thought through. The beginning of a new future for Salem. (Thanks for fixing the humor colors!) :lol:
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:55 pm

jesi wrote:I'm having a peculiar experience. Where once an area spawned turkeys on a plentiful, regular basis, it now has not spawned any (apparently) since the patch. Did the chance of spawning normal wild turkeys get changed? I know of at least one other player who has had the same experience in a different part of the map. Are other people finding wild turkeys?

Hmmm, this is probably your mind playing games with you as only the "type" of turkeys that spawn in a pack have been changed. Not their frequency. Although there could perhaps be an argument for more Turkeys in the world? I am open to suggestions on that.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Potjeh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Speaking of spawn rates, did you fiddle with argopelters? I an't seem to find any, and I was tripping over them last world (I only went to darkness after this patch, so dunno about earlier this world).
Potjeh

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:28 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
jesi wrote:I'm having a peculiar experience. Where once an area spawned turkeys on a plentiful, regular basis, it now has not spawned any (apparently) since the patch. Did the chance of spawning normal wild turkeys get changed? I know of at least one other player who has had the same experience in a different part of the map. Are other people finding wild turkeys?

Hmmm, this is probably your mind playing games with you as only the "type" of turkeys that spawn in a pack have been changed. Not their frequency. Although there could perhaps be an argument for more Turkeys in the world? I am open to suggestions on that.

You could maybe tone it up 5-10% John, that would allow for some more varied purity and things, right now they are a bit sparse.
Last edited by Dammit on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dammit

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Potjeh wrote:Speaking of spawn rates, did you fiddle with argopelters? I an't seem to find any, and I was tripping over them last world (I only went to darkness after this patch, so dunno about earlier this world).

We didn't change them yet. They currently butcher for different results on the test server for August Patch. We could adjust spawn rates on them as well but we too noticed them to be a bit more rare this world, and like that.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements