Salem Independence Day

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Independence Day

Postby tack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 am

no im not i mainly deal in rabbit skins anyway :D
i was thinking more for the new player before you get a high level of skills at the moment you can get wood blocks with just a little work at insperations and if your building a small base you may not want to move too far away from it until you have a little defence wall with a gate (which needs nails) once your base is fairly safe foraging becomes more viable.
also bricks easy to make but no market, a little work collecting clay and coal and you could have a small but stable income to fall back on,i am affraid one of those who can only play for an hour a day so it takes a long time to get anywhere and at the moment it may put new casual players off and who would the tribe kill if new players dont come :lol: .
tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 am

I see. Well I am very much interested in any and all feedback from players on how they feel early-game silver is with the new addition of arrowheads and feathers. As for the rabbit hunters, we have a nice change for you in the August patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby GrimF4ilure » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am

Really loving the new additions already. Keep up the great work.
GrimF4ilure
Customer

Postby bokido » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:48 am

GrimF4ilure wrote:Really loving the new additions already. Keep up the great work.

+1 GrimF4ilure
bokido
Customer

Postby bokido » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:50 am

JohnCarver we will never see the production of gunpowder? with them will open up a whole other set of skills.
bokido
Customer

Postby Dammit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:11 pm

In the not to distant past, I was a super noob. But I moved on from that stage. I was like WTF how can I afford this stuffs? But eventually I learned of trade in the forums, and the various ways to get or find dried skins and pelts. My big accomplishment was getting to where I could take down bears as that is pretty steady income assuming you find them or live where they are. And I still go "Oh OoOo" when I see a feather lol, cause I know its 35 silver in the bank, overall I have no problems affording my place of residence, its perhaps some lux items I can not afford. Example (that 60% copper pot I want, snake skulls, better clothing to buy) So I wear my noob gown and hat, I still look like a fresh 5/5/5/5 alt but I have about 98 humors and about 3 skills to learn.
Dammit

Postby troubleis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:59 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I see. Well I am very much interested in any and all feedback from players on how they feel early-game silver is with the new addition of arrowheads and feathers. As for the rabbit hunters, we have a nice change for you in the August patch.

Well, I do have one good example of noob income from the extra feathers and arrowheads. My brother hasn't played this game in a year and didn't play all that much back then either, but he is familiar with the game mechanics including checking stumps to make money. He heard about the new patch and he made a new character. In 4 or 5 hours of wandering he made over 300s. He did hold onto his feathers until he had Indian tracking to make the charms, but still that's a quick skill to get. I do think that maybe feather's should be taken off of the list because noobs might keep selling individual pieces vs making the charm. Other than that, I think the arrowheads add a nice boost to early income. Obviously the increased spawn rate of both also helps tremendously.
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:25 pm

I think silver wouldn't be such a huge deal if it was cheaper to get into iron production. How about some kind of a primitive smelter that can be built without iron (but has a lot less slots to compensate) and foraging bog iron to get some ore without a mine?
Potjeh

Postby Bearcub » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:35 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I see. Well I am very much interested in any and all feedback from players on how they feel early-game silver is with the new addition of arrowheads and feathers. As for the rabbit hunters, we have a nice change for you in the August patch.

Well, I myself don't see too many feathers in the stumps/logs, mostly arrowheads and it seems a bit wierd to find any of these in the stump (kinda small nanobots creating it from time to time) as there're no indians-bots/fraction around. But surely for beginners it's nice money even from selling arrowheads only
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Bearcub wrote:Well, I myself don't see too many feathers in the stumps/logs, mostly arrowheads and it seems a bit wierd to find any of these in the stump (kinda small nanobots creating it from time to time) as there're no indians-bots/fraction around. But surely for beginners it's nice money even from selling arrowheads only

The natives are out there. You just don't see them. As for their strange desires to store their things in stumps. They were forced to do this because you guys kept stealing them when they left them on the ground.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements