Salem Independence Day

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Independence Day

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:30 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Speaking of spawn rates, did you fiddle with argopelters? I an't seem to find any, and I was tripping over them last world (I only went to darkness after this patch, so dunno about earlier this world).

We didn't change them yet. They currently butcher for different results on the test server for August Patch. We could adjust spawn rates on them as well but we too noticed them to be a bit more rare this world, and like that.

Aye we don't need to be tripping over Argos as that's a ton of silver you can make. I would like other animals to make silver from honestly and not just have one honey hole or animal.

Wolf, Coyote, Mountain lions things that are dangerous are fun :P Maybe even some more fictional animals.
Dammit

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:40 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
jesi wrote:I'm having a peculiar experience. Where once an area spawned turkeys on a plentiful, regular basis, it now has not spawned any (apparently) since the patch. Did the chance of spawning normal wild turkeys get changed? I know of at least one other player who has had the same experience in a different part of the map. Are other people finding wild turkeys?

Hmmm, this is probably your mind playing games with you as only the "type" of turkeys that spawn in a pack have been changed. Not their frequency. Although there could perhaps be an argument for more Turkeys in the world? I am open to suggestions on that.

Turkey spawns have always been very inconsistent. When I fist started out I spent weeks hunting turkeys with out finding any, I started to think it was Salem's version of a snipe hunt, but other times I will find a fair number.
Given the setting the spawn rate probably should be higher or the groups should be larger.

Dammit wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Speaking of spawn rates, did you fiddle with argopelters? I an't seem to find any, and I was tripping over them last world (I only went to darkness after this patch, so dunno about earlier this world).

We didn't change them yet. They currently butcher for different results on the test server for August Patch. We could adjust spawn rates on them as well but we too noticed them to be a bit more rare this world, and like that.

Aye we don't need to be tripping over Argos as that's a ton of silver you can make. I would like other animals to make silver from honestly and not just have one honey hole or animal.

Wolf, Coyote, Mountain lions things that are dangerous are fun :P Maybe even some more fictional animals.

Argos are terrible for making silver, they are little more than a pest, you are better off hunting nearly anything else for silver. And I see them plenty often there is no need to increase the spawn rate unless you also make them more dangerous to make living in the darkness more hazardous.
DarkNacht

Postby Thor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm

I agree with Dark, even spiders are better than argos.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Thor wrote:I agree with Dark, even spiders are better than argos.

John done said spiders will no longer be a silver making beast as they plan to take away selling of the tuft. So minus spiders, I guess bear skins will do, if you don't hunt argos.
Dammit

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:50 pm

Dammit wrote:John done said spiders will no longer be a silver making beast as they plan to take away selling of the tuft. So minus spiders, I guess bear skins will do, if you don't hunt argos.

Yes, I would keep in mind that things on the "Seasonal Stall" may not be the best to base your long-term income off of.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Dammit wrote:John done said spiders will no longer be a silver making beast as they plan to take away selling of the tuft. So minus spiders, I guess bear skins will do, if you don't hunt argos.

Yes, I would keep in mind that things on the "Seasonal" may not be the best to base your long-term income off of.

probably a good thing ive packed 4 merchant purses full then?
Dammit

Postby Champie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 pm

DarkNacht wrote:Argos are terrible for making silver, they are little more than a pest, you are better off hunting nearly anything else for silver. And I see them plenty often there is no need to increase the spawn rate unless you also make them more dangerous to make living in the darkness more hazardous.

Would you agree that Dried Beaver Pelt is the most accessible source of silver in the game? It's clear that a canoe ride along the coast can yield an inventory full of pelts in a short time. After drying, that gives 288 silver for about an hours worth of work. It does sadden me to find skinned beavers laying in the shallow waters, but it also reminds me that other people have been there recently and it raises the anxiety/thrill level.

That has been the hunting experience I have enjoyed most. I'm ready to set up beaver hunting camps along the coast just for the thrill of potential conflict.
Champie

Postby Potjeh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:03 pm

You really should bump up the argo value a bit, they don't really seem to be worth the hassle. You don't have to bring them back to what they used to be, just bump them up enough to make them worthwhile.
Potjeh

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Potjeh wrote:You really should bump up the argo value a bit, they don't really seem to be worth the hassle. You don't have to bring them back to what they used to be, just bump them up enough to make them worthwhile.

No.
Dammit

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Potjeh wrote:You really should bump up the argo value a bit, they don't really seem to be worth the hassle. You don't have to bring them back to what they used to be, just bump them up enough to make them worthwhile.

If we intended their loot table to stay through August we would have done just that. They are on the chopping block this month though, and as such, will be used for things other than silver anyway.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements