Salem Independence Day

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem Independence Day

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Potjeh wrote:You really should bump up the argo value a bit, they don't really seem to be worth the hassle. You don't have to bring them back to what they used to be, just bump them up enough to make them worthwhile.

They are better as something to hassle you for wandering around a place you should not be, the uncivilized lands, not an easy way to farm silver. A much better use for them would be to increase their power dramatically so they are a real threat but to give them a very rare drop of some sort, maybe something that requires a high level skill to even have a chance of getting and is used in a future endgame potion.
DarkNacht

Postby Dammit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:31 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
Potjeh wrote:You really should bump up the argo value a bit, they don't really seem to be worth the hassle. You don't have to bring them back to what they used to be, just bump them up enough to make them worthwhile.

They are better as something to hassle you for wandering around a place you should not be, the uncivilized lands, not an easy way to farm silver. A much better use for them would be to increase their power dramatically so they are a real threat but to give them a very rare drop of some sort, maybe something that requires a high level skill to even have a chance of getting and is used in a future endgame potion.

Moar tears!

Soon MM will be able to sale our tears by the 55 gallon drum to pay for the server and dev costs
Dammit

Postby Sinnerman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm

*Scalps may be redeemed at the Executioner and registered with a value that represents the investment of both humors and prof in the player killed.
*You may inquire with the Executioner to see the names of the top 10 players killed and their killers.
*Registering a Top 10 Scalp provides a reward.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7594

the cumlative totals of their proficiencys and humours.

Why am I not surprised? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost
People will be devastated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pLo3IPKI0fD4ZqIXe2hPg
Sinnerman

Postby Xenocide » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Tears
------
*Crickets supply has been greatly increased in the market. Hudson Bay Trade Company has adjusted its price down to compensate.

Before I ask some questions I'll apologize about my English skill :oops:

When I started this game I don't know about official forum or how to talk with foreign players so if I wanna buy some product like nails or bar of iron I must use market stall in the Boston
then I saw the prices I was so surprised at the price of them like bar of iron or nails etc...
if I wanna make some irons I must spend at least about 1000s and it valuates for 285 crickets So I do my best and make that money but after this update if I wanna do that things I should selling 250 dried hides or about 440 crickets it is too hard for newbies like me who play few hours per day
compare with current forum normal price bar of irion is about 4 times cheaper than official market stall it is not fair to people not using or knowing forum trade threads
I need little help for these problems
Can you consider this when you patching "Shipwreck Island" mentioned at Dev Roadmap plz? :)
Xenocide

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm

This is an interesting point. I will make sure to visit the entry point to making Iron.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Xenocide » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:59 pm

thank you so much how wouldn't I love this game has very kind and diligent developer :D
Xenocide

Postby Propulsion » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:48 am

I agree. When I discovered this game by chance I wasn't much of a forum visitor.
Propulsion

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:06 am

Propulsion wrote:I agree. When I discovered this game by chance I wasn't much of a forum visitor.

Once you go forums. You never go back.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby tack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:20 am

john would it not be possible to add a market stall that buys basic forigables for the new player, by that i mean say wood blocks for 2s lime for 2s stone for 1s that kind of thing, that would allow you to get your first nails easier, the stall could sell the same as existing ones for the same prices but at least you would be able to make a little silver at very low levels of skills and experiance.

tack
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:21 am

tack wrote:john would it not be possible to add a market stall that buys basic forigables for the new player, by that i mean say wood blocks for 2s lime for 2s stone for 1s that kind of thing, that would allow you to get your first nails easier, the stall could sell the same as existing ones for the same prices but at least you would be able to make a little silver at very low levels of skills and experiance.

tack

It would be very possible and very easy to do just this. However, that was kinda the point of adding the arrowheads at 2silver? Are you having huge difficulties gathering silver with the arrowheads and feathers spawning in stumps and logs?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements