Should we have Decay on Tools and Clothing?

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Should Decay be implemented and how?

I think decay is a bad idea.
43%
I like decay on tools that causes them to become less effective when they 'break' and can be repaired.
10%
I like decay on tools that causes them to wear out as they are used and eventually disappear.
3%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to become less effective when they 'break' and can be repaired.
18%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to wear out as they are used and disappear, where 'use' for clothing means I'm logged on and wearing them.
0%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to wear out as they are used and disappear, where 'use' for clothing means decay ticks taken only when I'm digging, chopping, being stabbed, etc.
26%

Total votes : 241

Re: Should we have Decay on Tools and Clothing?

Postby loftar » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Michael wrote:Tushay

loftar

Postby Icon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Bearcub wrote:
Icon wrote:If cash shop clothes had more slots than craftable clothes, then yes, but they don't, having a perfect cash shop set is full on vanity

Some of them- has. It was nice having father's founding boots with all 3arts last world *-*

I stand corrected, your right, I think the redcoats boots also have 3 slots. In that situation though I would rather see a slot get dropped off those (or at least have craftable 3 slot shoes available) and then incorporate artiface repair. Even with redcoats that can make for one expensive pair of shoes if you have to buy a new pack every time a slot breaks
Icon

Postby simple » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Just lose the feeling of having a gambling addiction when slotting.
simple

Postby Icon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:55 pm

^ your not wrong, repairing a slot shouldn't be something that can be done like adding lace, it should be a pain in the ass, make it something only worth doing in a few scenarios. Make the item needed to do it with a similar drop rate to wss or something like that. I definitely wouldn't want it to be something easy, like oh I broke a slot, lolz, repair...
Icon

Postby Feone » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Imo, the fairest way to add a repair option to cashshop clothes is to allow switching the socketted stuff (including fails, all at once) from the cash item onto a similar quality craftable item.
As long as the cash items are purely for looks. It shouldn't give ANY benefits over the regular craftable stuff.
Feone

Postby Procne » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:50 pm

I think the idea with repairing a socket with another item of this kind is not bad. When you slot gear you can often get numerous cloths with broken sockets. Instead of trashing them you could make a use of them now.
Procne

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:55 pm

loftar wrote:
Michael wrote:Tushay

Toats original face palming picture, so clever

Wow True story! "Tushay" has it's own Urban Dictionary entry, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tushay
With the magic of the internetz any combination of letters can become a word with whatever positive (but most probably negative) meanings behind it!
Take for example this page that is blank at the moment!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loftar
Last edited by Michael on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby simple » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Did u guys consider this option: when u fail to slot an item, it does damage to the slot, instead of breaking it.
And the chance of a slotting "try" to be successful is modified by the damage done to it.
Of course the 1st fail could do something like 50% damage, but it gets less with each try.
Maybe even breaks after some tries.
Sry if this is off-topic.
simple

Postby Icon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:39 pm

^ with the current percentage of slot breaks that occur, this isn't a bad idea. At least get a last ditch effort or two on a piece of clothing before it officially becomes crap
Icon

Postby Michael » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:41 am

I like what Feon and Procne wrote. I'm thinking if a slot brakes would it not be a fair idea to reverse a broken/decayed slot by putting cotton cloth of an appropriate tier group into the clothing? example: If I break the last slot on a slotted admiral's jacket i could put in X number of Sea Island cotton for a unbroken slot which i could go ahead and break again repeating said process. I think with slots being a nice to have thing (but not crucial) putting in more cotton then it takes to craft an entirely new garment would be a balanced sacrifice to the player for reaching that prestige of a perfectly slotted item. Replace this idea's cotton with iron if tools ever get slots to help with gathering speed/quantity.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements