Should we have Decay on Tools and Clothing?

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Should Decay be implemented and how?

I think decay is a bad idea.
43%
I like decay on tools that causes them to become less effective when they 'break' and can be repaired.
10%
I like decay on tools that causes them to wear out as they are used and eventually disappear.
3%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to become less effective when they 'break' and can be repaired.
18%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to wear out as they are used and disappear, where 'use' for clothing means I'm logged on and wearing them.
0%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to wear out as they are used and disappear, where 'use' for clothing means decay ticks taken only when I'm digging, chopping, being stabbed, etc.
26%

Total votes : 241

Re: Should we have Decay on Tools and Clothing?

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 am

colesie wrote:
Cawalox wrote:So the option with least votes will be applied?

As is tradition, yes

And so it begins again... I'm sure to implement this timer update properly they need to create some new useless biomes first, which will require another server wipe! Thanks for creating a poll and listening to player feedback MM. Your the best JC! Yay!
Michael

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:07 am

Michael wrote:
colesie wrote:
Cawalox wrote:So the option with least votes will be applied?

As is tradition, yes

And so it begins again... I'm sure to implement this timer update properly they need to create some new useless biomes first, which will require another server wipe! Thanks for creating a poll and listening to player feedback MM. Your the best JC! Yay!

I do hope you realize that neither Cawalox nor colesie speak for Mortal Moments Inc. in any way whatsoever. I created this poll because we care what the players think about the mechanics of the game. I spent many hours going though the archive of ideas in I&I as well. As John said in an earlier post, we have no updates planned at this time that require a server wipe, or even a map wipe, and we have our updates outlined several months into the future.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
I do hope you realize that neither Cawalox nor colesie speak for Mortal Moments Inc. in any way whatsoever. I created this poll because we care what the players think about the mechanics of the game. I spent many hours going though the archive of ideas in I&I as well. As John said in an earlier post, we have no updates planned at this time that require a server wipe, or even a map wipe, and we have our updates outlined several months into the future.

Tushay Toats Meow, I suppose MM Inc. bought the game, so do with it as you wish. Y'all have created a road map for implementing new features which was more than what ever Seatribe did. (to my knowledge)
I do hope that Slots that are broken/decayed can be repaired somehow though. Gathering/crafting good Clothing in Salem has probably been the most strived for achievement I made for myself in Salem. I would hate to see clothing be made mundane and cheap to new players of the game.
Michael

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:39 am

Michael wrote:I do hope that Slots that are broken can be repaired somehow though

OMG NO !!!
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:45 am

alloin wrote:
Michael wrote:I do hope that Slots that are broken can be repaired somehow though

OMG NO !!!

Idk, slots and clothing and how they should function is a rather complicated situation. I have a founding father's sash that someone broke a slot in. I think that for a piece of clothing that came in a 60 USD pack it should be able to be fixed through effort. say i use up a slot in my admiral's jacket, (essentially same as breaking a slot) it would be nice and fix the decayed slot through in-game work/effort instead of crafting a new one. if a slot breaks through decays should the outfit piece take work to fix, or work to re-craft said outfit piece. IDK, just my personal thoughts on decayable/repairable clothes, i'm sure alot of other Salemites disagree with me as well.
Michael

Postby Feone » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Michael wrote:
alloin wrote:

OMG NO !!!

Idk, slots and clothing and how they should function is a rather complicated situation. I have a founding father's sash that someone broke a slot in. I think that for a piece of clothing that came in a 60 USD pack it should be able to be fixed through effort. say i use up a slot in my admiral's jacket, (essentially same as breaking a slot) it would be nice and fix the decayed slot through in-game work/effort instead of crafting a new one. if a slot breaks through decays should the outfit piece take work to fix, or work to re-craft said outfit piece. IDK, just my personal thoughts on decayable/repairable clothes, i'm sure alot of other Salemites disagree with me as well.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt if cashshop items were repairable with another item that has the same amount of sockets. Perhaps transfering the broken socket(s) to the regular item?

I rather like that sort-of-broken higher quality gear is sold at discounts.
Feone

Postby Icon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:14 pm

I don't feel like scouring I&I, but I remember a thread about adding the ability to repair slots, it was a popular idea
Icon

Postby Bearcub » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 pm

alloin wrote:

OMG NO !!!

This

Michael wrote:Idk, slots and clothing and how they should function is a rather complicated situation. I have a founding father's sash that someone broke a slot in. I think that for a piece of clothing that came in a 60 USD pack it should be able to be fixed through effort. say i use up a slot in my admiral's jacket, (essentially same as breaking a slot) it would be nice and fix the decayed slot through in-game work/effort instead of crafting a new one. if a slot breaks through decays should the outfit piece take work to fix, or work to re-craft said outfit piece. IDK, just my personal thoughts on decayable/repairable clothes, i'm sure alot of other Salemites disagree with me as well.

It was already discussed and explained in different ways that devs will not create a buy2win situation. If you can repair slots in cash stuff then it's an imbalance.
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Postby Icon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 pm

If cash shop clothes had more slots than craftable clothes, then yes, but they don't, having a perfect cash shop set is full on vanity
Icon

Postby Bearcub » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Icon wrote:If cash shop clothes had more slots than craftable clothes, then yes, but they don't, having a perfect cash shop set is full on vanity

Some of them- has. It was nice having father's founding boots with all 3arts last world *-*
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements