Should we have Decay on Tools and Clothing?

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Should Decay be implemented and how?

I think decay is a bad idea.
43%
I like decay on tools that causes them to become less effective when they 'break' and can be repaired.
10%
I like decay on tools that causes them to wear out as they are used and eventually disappear.
3%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to become less effective when they 'break' and can be repaired.
18%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to wear out as they are used and disappear, where 'use' for clothing means I'm logged on and wearing them.
0%
I like decay on tools and clothing that causes them to wear out as they are used and disappear, where 'use' for clothing means decay ticks taken only when I'm digging, chopping, being stabbed, etc.
26%

Total votes : 241

Re: Should we have Decay on Tools and Clothing?

Postby Feone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 am

I think only ever making 1 piece of clothing and then repairing it is a bad idea.

It is, imo, nice that somewhat broken clothing can be sold. Helps newbies out a lot.
Feone

Postby Potjeh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:51 pm

An alternative: slotting always succeeds, but there's a chance to break a slot when repairing clothes, which is raised by higher end clothes and artifice and lowered by raising proficiencies. Clothes themselves never break, but instead become useless after a lot of repairs. This creates a material sink, because you'll have to replace your top end clothes when they lose a slot or two. It also creates a market for second hand clothes. And finally it provides a lot more job opportunities for high end tailors.
Potjeh

Postby Feone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Potjeh wrote:An alternative: slotting always succeeds, but there's a chance to break a slot when repairing clothes, which is raised by higher end clothes and artifice and lowered by raising proficiencies. Clothes themselves never break, but instead become useless after a lot of repairs. This creates a material sink, because you'll have to replace your top end clothes when they lose a slot or two. It also creates a market for second hand clothes. And finally it provides a lot more job opportunities for high end tailors.

I like this idea.
Feone

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Michael wrote:Stuff

I think the point to take away from that was that touché is the word you're looking for. Its etymology originates in fencing, referring to being hit by an opponent. A more rapier reply to loftar would have actually been just to say 'touché.' It's worth pointing out that you're using urban dictionary as a dictionary when, in fact, its definitions and lexicon don't reflect language. In many cases the words and definitions added in are used by small groups or by no one at all and are just there as joke entries. There are valid entries in there as well but we, as English speakers, must consider on an individual basis what's an actual word, a type-o, and what's not a word. 'Tushay' would have modern etymological roots in a misspelling of the word 'touché' when someone attempted to phonetically spell out an e-acute. Accepting that to be a word on its own would be like saying 'que' is a word akin to 'queue' rather than just a type-o. You can, it's just redundant and silly, and most people who see it won't get what you're saying without examining the context of your words, which is a gamble. Language is only valuable if it can communicate what we want to say to others. There's no set in stone way to do that but you can, most certainly, make it more difficult.
TeckXKnight

Postby toxic » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:11 am

that was totaly stupid question which he could answer by himself , in game where perma death exist and its bound to the wish of the player , such questions are useless.

because "freaks" could go KOS everything , which would mean all new players that joined the game would leave it , why u ask ? because its waste of time working hard to progress and then just gets KOSed by someone because he wants to

and it does not matter if ur cloth decay or not since u are dead anyways
toxic

Postby Feone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:25 am

toxic wrote:that was totaly stupid question which he could answer by himself , in game where perma death exist and its bound to the wish of the player , such questions are useless.

because "freaks" could go KOS everything , which would mean all new players that joined the game would leave it , why u ask ? because its waste of time working hard to progress and then just gets KOSed by someone because he wants to

Don't play a permadeath MMO if you can't handle permadeath.
Feone

Postby Dallane » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:53 pm

toxic wrote:that was totaly stupid question which he could answer by himself , in game where perma death exist and its bound to the wish of the player , such questions are useless.

pvp doesn't affect the population. Get out.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Previous

Return to Announcements