Development Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Development Roadmap

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:11 pm

so, what now be ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Kosh » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi all, I've come back to check out the game after a couple years and brought a couple friends. One of them has rage quit, though: he was coughed on as soon as he ported into Providence and got sick. We're all way too new and/or has been too long to cure diseases at this point. He made a new character and just about the finished the tutorial, when his client had a crash and he needed to redo the tutorial. At this point he bailed.

Anyway just some feed back if you're looking to improve those first couple hours! Also a clearer/simple way to play together in the wilderness would be great - I remember needing to build a writ and then my friends could port to it, but some in game guidance on that would be good. I've done some googling around to refresh myself on it but it's a lot of results from 2012 which I'm not sure are applicable any more. The outdated Wikis are also more prominent, maybe an in game link to the up to date one would be handy.

Cheers
Kosh

Postby ShadowTani » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Kosh wrote:The outdated Wikis are also more prominent, maybe an in game link to the up to date one would be handy.

What exactly is it you are searching for that brings you to outdated information? The relevant information is found on the page for the "New World Survey" map which is the item used to teleport to a friend now. If the information isn't clear enough, please let us know what specifically you want to know.

This should be up to date on all three wiki's as it's only a few weeks since the tribe's salem-wiki.com got discontinued due to server issues, and got moved to thesalemwiki.com. The info wiki is getting overhauled as well and is catching up. So it would help us a lot to know what you decided to search for so we can redirect or update people on the specific pages.

ShadowTani

Postby Kosh » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Sounds like it just hasn't caught up yet then, but for example when I was looking up how to craft the Backpack, this wiki has outdated info whereas this one has the correct info. Google didn't bring up the more updated wiki when I searched, I didn't find that until I saw the forum post about it.

Thanks for the New World Map info! I had seen it in-game when I was going through the menus, but must have forgotten about it while relearning other things :) Now if only we weren't so paranoid about porting to the town to meet up and exchange maps due to the sick people where you spawn in haha (our friend was caughed on the second he spawned in and got sick)
Kosh

Postby ShadowTani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:03 am

Kosh wrote:for example when I was looking up how to craft the Backpack, this wiki has outdated info whereas this one has the correct info. Google didn't bring up the more updated wiki when I searched, I didn't find that until I saw the forum post about it.

Actually no, the info wiki was the one that was up to date in regards to the backpack. The tribe backpack incorrectly has the info from the barkpack for some reason... o.O So since you seem to think that was the accurate info I assume you where actually looking for the Barkpack.

Thanks though, I'll updated the tribe wiki accordingly when I have time. Though, all those bullet points for the primary info looks too cluttered for my taste… So have to do a fix for the info one as well I think.
ShadowTani

Postby Kosh » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:33 am

Ohhhh! Ha, thanks for clearing that up! These boards are very helpful, cheers :D
Kosh

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:09 am

ShadowTani wrote:
Kosh wrote:for example when I was looking up how to craft the Backpack, this wiki has outdated info whereas this one has the correct info. Google didn't bring up the more updated wiki when I searched, I didn't find that until I saw the forum post about it.

Actually no, the info wiki was the one that was up to date in regards to the backpack. The tribe backpack incorrectly has the info from the barkpack for some reason... o.O So since you seem to think that was the accurate info I assume you where actually looking for the Barkpack.

Thanks though, I'll updated the tribe wiki accordingly when I have time. Though, all those bullet points for the primary info looks too cluttered for my taste… So have to do a fix for the info one as well I think.

It use to be correct so I just undid the last edit.
DarkNacht

Postby ShadowTani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:06 am

Oooh, that made it a whole lot easier! xD Seems Pistolshrimp was a bit tired/stressed at that moment. I would done a copy-paste right away otherwise if not for that bullet point spam on the info version; I really don't like that the primary bulk of info gets presented that way. :/ Thanks for swift action DarkNacht. :3
ShadowTani

Postby pilgrim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:56 pm

I have recently in last 2 or 3 days read posts about how the digging clothing is broken. I believed this to be due to a new system for archaeology. So can we get it added to the road map or our clothing fixed?
pilgrim

Postby Cheena » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:03 am

How is the progress on the ability to make not-straight fences ? :3
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements